Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This Week's Favorites & a Surprise Around the Corner

I thought it was a fun coincidence that I happened to be working on this travel card while I was thinking about my new favorite blogs to share with you. When I spend time blog hopping or 'blurfing' as my friend Mona calls it, I get this sense that I really am traveling. You know what I mean...you're sitting at your computer, the next thing you know you are reading about the artwork of someone in say, Long Island and the next thing you know, you've linked to someone in Manchester, England. Of course, I am talking about Paulette from 'Beedeebabee' and Sarah from 'The Art of Moodling', but I do feel like the sky's the limit and the things you can learn are amazing.

Today I was contacted by the ladies from Candelle Creations, a mother/daughter team who's blog is fairly new. They are from Banbury, England. Little did they know that my mother-in-law lives in the same little town! I love that kind of 'stuff', and the truth is, we can have those little 'coincidences' happen everyday when we spend time with other bloggers. So I hope you will take some time to check out these 3 new favorites from my list this week.

First up, 'My Artful Adventures'. It's a fabulous, colorful world that features a love of all things Marie Antoinette. Cassandra posts beautifully photographed creations including collage art, silk ribbon roses and so much color, it's a real feast for the eyes. The links to her own favorites feel like a never-ending journey as well, but in a very delightful way!

The next favorite new place is A Nostalgic Halloween. I found this sight while posting on my gallery over at SCS. Kris Dickinson, from Colorado, who also hosts A Nostalgic Collage, has created some pretty fantastic artwork, which has been featured in a number of publications. If you love the sense of 'yesteryear', then you must make a visit.

Last, but not least, we hop on down to the state of Texas to a place called Stamplicity. I came across this beautiful place while participating in the 'Where Bloggers Create' party this past weekend. What a lovely, lovely blog! Besides the handcrafted creations Barb features, she also has a lovely sidebar with prints that are simply beautiful.

Well, we stayed in the U.S. with today's list, but there is no shortage of amazing blogs all over this world. So make sure you plan to stop by each Wednesday night for more fabulous places to visit....and please don't hesitate to point me in the direction of some of your favorites.

In the meantime, let me tell you a bit about the Travel card. It features beautiful cardstock from DCWV by designer Debbie Mumm. The stamps are from Cloud 9 and Martha Stewart and it was embellished with miniature pearls and a little daisy punch from Fiskars.

ONE MORE THING....SOME EXCITING NEWS!
I am happy to tell you that I will be sharing some very exciting news with you sometime tomorrow. I made a promise I would wait until then, but I wanted to give you a little something to look forward to. I will be giving out a few blog awards as well, so I do hope you will stop by and take a look into The Open Window...you never know what you might see!

8 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

I love your travel card! It makes me want to pack my bags & go on vacation :) Thanks for mentioning my name! I visited your 3 blogs of choice! What a really neat idea :) TFS Hugs, Mona

beedeebabee said...

Hi Julie! I really love this card! The little travel bags are too cute! ... This was such a great post. I'm so happy I came by to peek into your window, if you were next door, I'd ask to borrow a cup of sugar!... I can't wait to hear tomorrow's exciting news! Hugs, Paulette :o) PS...I was tickled pink to see my blog in there! You're a sweetie!

Cassandra said...

What a lovely post! I am so glad you enjoy my blog, that made my day to hear your kind comments. I agree blogging can feel like travel, I love how it inspires me. Also I loved the other two blogs you posted and enjoyed my visit to each.

Kind Regards
Cassandra

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

it IS amazing where we can go in blogland! thanks for sharing all the links. i'm off to visit!

can't wait to hear your news!!!!!

hugs,

Joanne Travis said...

Congratulations Julie!!! I am very happy for you.
You are really going to love being an INK girl, we all had a fabulous time and would be happy to help with any questions you may have.
Joanne

Sarah Anderson said...

You design such great cards Julie! Paulette made me chuckle; borrow a cup of sugar? Paulette, you'd never come out of Julie's house, you'd be crafting and chatting all day long! xx

Kris Dickinson said...

Julie, Thanks so much for featuring my blogs! I'm tickled pink! ~Kris

(ps...I'm from Parker, CO, lol)

Julie Ranae said...

Hi there Kris....not sure where I saw Arizona, (duh!) but I have corrected the post and am so glad you stopped by!