Monday, December 13, 2010

A Case Study with Weaving


I am finally making the turn from Christmas cards
to winter into Valentine greetings, but you wouldn't
know it from this post!  haha


I have been wanting to play along with this challenge
for a bit now, but time seems to run out for me
each week.  My fellow DT member over at
also serves on the DT
for The Case Study Challenge.


This month's muse is Nina Brackett.
I LoVe Nina's spirit and I LoVe her work,
so I am really glad to play along this week.

I CASED Nina's card above and here are the results:


I love to weave fibers.  I usually make little
hand-held looms from cardboard and just
weave-away!
It was fun to use The Twinery's baker's twine
for this little project.  The colors in the photo
do not do justice to the actual colors which are
Maraschino and Peapod.
The ornament EF from Cuttlebug made a great
background to compliment the focal-point which
was embossed with the Swiss Dot EF.
The dotty ribbon is from Michaels and the lace
is from Hobby Lobby...yep, spreadin' the wealth
between all the big-boxers!
I used one of the small Labels Four from Spellbinders
and topped it with a rub-on from KandCo.
The center bling is from Prima, of course!

HEY!  This was fun news!


I had SIX projects accepted for publication
for the Holiday Sampler which was published
yesterday!  If you are a subscriber, I hope you 
will check out Issue #12 for my contributions.
If you are not a subscriber, this would be a
great time to try out a one month subscription
if you'd like.  It's easy and I am telling you,
there is so much
FaBuLoUs
inspiration published at SNR.

In the meantime...I would love to know if
you do subscribe and while you're at it, 
what IS your favorite online place
for inspiration?
Share with a comment...I am always looking
for terrific places for inspiration...
Thanks for sharing with me!




11 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Julie, I just love your take on this challenge and love how you used the twine. I have to get some of this stuff. Congrats on being published. Not shocked with your creative and inspiring MOJO!

Ann said...

Oooh, LOVE the woven twine!

Eve said...

Very Pretty! Since you talked about the Twinery's sale a couple of weeks ago, i got to know them, and ordered the sample pack, and i really like them!! Now i learned "weaving"! Very nice christmas ornament, and the card! :-)

Andrea Ewen said...

Super-d-duper Julie! Wowee...the Twinery sure knew what they were doing when they chose you for their DT! I've never seen the "twined weave" before, that is so wonderfully creative and eye-catching! Hope to see you over at CASE Study again...wink, wink...

lotte chew said...

wow!!! 1st time to learn that twine can be used on that way!! :D

Michele Gross said...

Julie!! Weaving?? Off the hook cute! I love the fun texture this added and the fun colors of the twine are just tooooo yummy! A most excellent card!! I just tagged you in my blog post today :D

Debbie Carriere said...

Ooh, I love that woven twine & the background embossing looks wonderful. Great card. Congrats on your publications!!!

Monique said...

What a great idea and how creative to weave the twine!! And congratulations on being published..!! Great work :)

Cristina said...

WOW! Look at that detail! I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study (I might just have to case that weaving for myself!). :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a clever way to use twine! ;) I draw most of my online inspiration from challenges, BUT if I ever get caught up and need inspiration, I like to go to Ikea's website and pottery barn.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Yay for finally making it to our little place, Julie! And what a lovely creation too... I like the cool idea of wrapping baker's twine around the bauble!
I'm glad you took the time to play with us (and congrats on being published!!)