Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Something for a Friend


Another weekend coming to an end and I had a
little time to work on a card that I would like to
send to a friend, so I thought before I put it
in the mail tomorrow, I would share it with you.


I love the colors in Graphic45's 'Steampunk Debutante'
collection so I built the entire card around this butterfly.
I used Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock in 
'Garden Gate' and sanded it after I ran it through
my Big Shot using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot EF.
A little shading in a couple of different inks and
that's the basics.

I used my favorite baker's twine from The Twinery
braided through the tag and then just 'blinged' it out!

Hey...before I forget, I received a shout out or two this
past week and would be honored to share them with you.


I was so thrilled to find that I had been
'blog-spotted' over at
for one of my recent design team offerings
You can see that one here.


I was also so excited to be a Top 3
at CASE Study.  
My friend Chupa
runs a beautifully inspiring challenge there
and it was only my second time playing!
You can see that project here.

The very same project was also recognized
over at City Crafter!

So it's been quite a week!
I don't play in very many challenges because
time is always at a premium, so I am ever so
grateful for the recognition when I do.

Don't forget...there is still plenty of time
to play in this week's challenge over at
Have you seen the luscious color story?


Great sets of Ippity are up for grabs!

That's it for now...
I have some exciting news that I'll be
sharing in the next day or so, so stay tuned....
and thanks for stopping by!


Today's Project Recipe:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Designer Die Cut:  Graphic45 'Steampunk Debutante'
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress in 'Frayed Burlap', Versamark in 'Key Lime'
Stamps:  Studio G'
Embellishments: baker's twine from The Twinery in 'Caribbean' & ' Cappuccino'
Prima rhinestone flourishes, Recollections rhinestones
and mulberry paper flower
Tools:  Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dot' EF, Big Shot


9 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

ABsolutely BEAUTIFUL! WOW! That butterfly is gorgeous and I love the twine on here-perfect touch!

Janna said...

so beautiful, julie!

Alina said...

Fabulose card!!! I love love love it!

Lindsey said...

The butterfly image and that flower are gorgeous! But better -- perfectly used in this card. Love it! Congrats on all your well-deserved recognition.

Michele Gross said...

Oh Julie its JUST gorgeous!! Your friend is going to love it and be so happy you took the time to create it for her :) LOVE the way you did the twine :)

Chris said...

Oh my, this is so gorgeous. Love the flower, butterfly and bling. All brought together to produce a stunning card.

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty hun!! :) :) :)love it!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Congrats on your latest recognition Julie and your new job :) Your card is beautiful! You do have my current address right? :) LOL

Tracie said...

I have only just found you Julie and I loooove your creations! The shabby, vintagey ones are right up my alley.