Thursday, February 17, 2011

Making the Most of ...The Combined Grind Challenge!



Gosh!  I sure do try to follow the sentiment on this card!
I find that it can really be a challenge for sure.

Speaking of a challenge, have I got something special for you!
How about a TWIST on a favorite challenge??!!


It's our first TWIST of 2011....


We thought it would be great fun to team up with another
challenge and CASE Study was first on the list!
If you are not familiar with how their challenge works,
you'll find all of the details over in The Cafe.

Our part in the challenge is to do what we always do...
Challenge you with color!
Eva Dobilas is the creator of the fabby creation you
see on our color story inspiration
and we would like you to play with her colors this week!


I had a great time working with both these colors
and the concept of CASE Study Challenge!

There are some pretty amazing prizes up for grabs
on both challenges
and
a terrific prize package for one lucky winner 
who chooses to play in BOTH challenges.
All of the rules are in The Cafe.

We are excited to have Iwona Palamountain
who is also known as 'Chupa' in blog land
as our guest designer this week!
Along with her, you will find 
our fabby design team
ready to inspire you....

and of course, our sweet guest...
Chupa

 So glad you stopped by and I hope you'll 
leave a quick little note to let me know
you were here : )

Today's Project Recipe:
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket in 'Garden Variety' & 'Circa 1934'
Stamps: Hero Arts
Tools: Cuttlebug EF, Sizzix Flourish, Big Shot,
Spellbinders Lacey Squares, Fiskars Border Punch
Embellishments: Fabric Medallion by KandCo, 
Pearls & Rhinestones by Recollections

22 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

It's a truly magnificent card, Julie! The colours, the amount of pretty details, make my head spin! I adore your ribbon embellishement too - how I wish I could make these so pretty! :)

Diana Queen said...

This is a truly gorgeous card, Julie! You've made those colors pop! Elegant and fun all rolled into one card!! ;D

Cheryl said...

Your work is just beautiful, Julie and what a fab blog!! I'll be back soon!

Eva said...

Julie, this is a FABULOUS card indeed!!!!! I love all the gorgeous details of it! THANK you for being part of me being the muse and for using my card colors as your challenge, as well...I feel famous...LOL Hugs...

Fiona said...

Julie this is such a beautiful dimensional card - I love your combination of layers!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Julie! Love all the layers and the fabric embellishment!

Helen said...

Just love your card, Julie - and the challenge colours this week are great.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your card is my favorite of the bunch this week Julie - I just love that bright pop of green you've chosen and how you really played up that flower with the butterfly center.

Michele Gross said...

LOVE this! All the dimension and swirls and fun patterns-its pure awesomeness!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty and fun, Julie! LOVE your scalloped edges and paper flourishes!

the whimsical butterfly said...

I've gotta tell ya your card and Eva's card made my heart skip TWO beats! BEAUTIFUL. GORGEOUS. That's what comes to mind!

PS -from one marketing girl to another- I LOVE your "combined grind" title ALMOST as much as I <3 your card! xoxo

Andrea Ewen said...

This is downright lovely, Julie! Just packed with sweet accents and gorgeous details! Wonderful textures and patterns make for an exquisite card!

Ruby said...

Wow, total yumminess here Julie, LoVe that flower embellishment you've created, it's FAB!!!! Such a cheery card!

Tracey said...

Oh how fun , bright and beautiful Julie!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Looks like you have been enjoying your Cricut LOTS! Fab use of all those elements and that ribbon with the butterfly--LOVE IT! Great sentiment and details all around:) YOU ROCK! LOOOOOOOVE it!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Julie!

Janna said...

your card is uber awesome! Janna

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a neat take on Eva's card, Julie. I like that decoration you've created with the ribbons, flourishes and butterfly medallion. ANd I like your post's colorful (literally) wording, too! It's neat how you tied that in to our colors.

Sue Kohler said...

Magical Julee, love how you have added the bright and vibrant green to the mix, the sentiment is beautiful! :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful creation. I love all of the layers, textures, and fun colors. :)

Maria said...

Love all the bright color on your card! You really rocked with the colors...love it!!! Great use of ribbon and love how the black just makes it stand out!

Benzi said...

Ooh, the big flower is fabulous! Love your awesome card with super details.