Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sending Birthday 'Fishes'



As many of you know, I am not one to do much coloring
nor am I inclined to play with character-type images, but I had
so much fun creating these two cards, so I thought
I would share them with you.


 This set of stamps from Hero Arts is so whimsical.
I used a variety of markers including metallics, to get
the bold colors you see.
I think one of the best ways to add texture is to use
embossing folders and when you combine two, it really pops!


I added Stickles just for a little more fun.
Speaking of fun....how great are the pearls for bubbles??!!


I admit, I was totally inspired by my youngest grandson's
3rd birthday coming up in just a couple weeks.


I bought a set of Martha Stewart number block stickers
on clearance with the idea of using them for birthday cards.
This was the first one I created and I think it works well.

If you enjoyed these fun greetings, I'd love to hear from you.
Leave a comment and if you're return email is included, 
I would love to send you a note of thanks.


Today's Project Recipe:
Cardstock:  Bazzill, The Paper Company
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Oceans of Joy'
Ink: Memento
Embellishments: rhinestones by Recollections & K&Company
'Bright Block Number' stickers by Martha Stewart/EK Success 
Stickles in 'Stardust'
Tools:  Embossing Folders by QuicKutz & Cuttlebug
Corner rounder punch by Fiskars,
Markers from Copic & American Crafts

17 comments:

Kate said...

Hello :0)
For someone that doesnt colour you have done a great job. Love both of them equally the colours used are perfect for the fish.
Pearls are a brilliant finishing touch.
Kate x

Michele Gross said...

So cute!! I love the little pearl bubbles :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love the whimsical fish and the bright fun colours and great idea to use the pearls for bubbles. Tracy x

Julie said...

Total cuteness! Love this!

Tracey said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! SO happy to see you LOVIN' Hero Arts so much :)

Rufus said...

Those are both adorable! They just make ya smile. Your grandson is going to love his!
R/

Anonymous said...

Hehe too ca-ute, love your little ocean scene! Very fun and whimsy! :)

Tracey Jean said...

Great job on these cards. Love the pearl bubbles...
I'd love to know which embossing folders you used.

Patrice said...

love those bubbles!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Julie!

Ruby said...

I LOVE these! You should play with this style more often, you're great at it! LOVE,LOVE, LOVE!! :)

Janna Werner said...

Julie! That is sweet! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

Sandy Ang said...

Love the way you use colours. And the pearl bubbles are inspired. Have a happy easter

Lindsey said...

I think you should colour and use characters more often! These two cards are so cute! You used these HA fish perfectly. :)

Tanstar said...

There is something FISHY about your work... LOL
thanks

Jinny Newlin said...

These are just too cute for words! LOVE your choice of colors and the way all your gemstones and pearls and embossing just fit in so perfectly! Fabulous dimension, too!

Heather Innusa said...

Oh my, I love this!!!! Thank you so much for the Mothers Day card love on The Twinery's Blog & FB :D. You are one talented lady yourself, wow!!!