Friday, February 17, 2012

Sending You a Telegram



Happy Friday One and All!
Continuing the busy weekend here at The Open Window.

It's time to 'Tie One On' with ....




I love this terrifically textured twill ribbon provided by this week's
sponsor, May Arts.
This design reminds me of my teenage years.  When there were old-fashioned
stationary stores, now called office supply stores.  I mean, I'm talking
mom and pop stores, not the big-box stores we have now.
This specific design would be similar to what you would find on pads of airmail paper.

The stamps are from The Craft's Meow designed by Nina Brackett
appropriately called 'Telegram'.


As I mentioned before, this week's sponsor is


maker of all lovely ribbon!

I hope you will plan to play with us this week over at CAS-ual Fridays.


Project Recipe: 
Stamps: Telegram by The Craft's Meow 
Ink: Tuxedo Black by Memento
Embellishments: Striped twill ribbon from May Arts

8 comments:

Scrappin Abby said...

What a "tie-rific" card Julie..lol yes I know that was pretty bad but I couldn't help myself : ) Seriously though...adorable card : )

Dana said...

Julie, this is the most brilliant use of ribbon I've seen in forever!
You never cease to amaze me.

Marlena M. said...

This makes me think of the olympic medals! Such great ribbon and construction.

Unknown said...

Love how you used the ribbon for this card! And yes, it reminds me of the old airmail stationery! ;o)

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Such a clever application of ribbon! What fun!

Mary Jo said...

What a fab idea! I do have to admit at first glance I thought "medals". I have some of that ribbon and never would have thought of this. Very cool.

Vicky Hayes said...

The ribbon is amazing - I can see how textured it is! I thought you'd made medals at first too but now I see the card close up it's obvious!

Julie said...

Oh my GOSH - I LOVE these ribbon medals! Great inspiration!