Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Little Sunshine



Hey hey everyone!

It's time for another color challenge from


It's a kinda surreal day for me over there as we say
goodbye to FOUR A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. designers who have
been with us for 2+ years!
They will be incredibly missed as a part of our team,
but as a part of my friendships, they will always be near.

Savannah . . . Jinny . . . Colleen . . . Denise


I thought it would be so cool to go CAS for these colors and
that's pretty much what I did.
I grabbed my baker's twine from The Twinery in 'Marigold'
and the new 'Midnight Blue' and along with the papers & sentiment
from American Crafts, that's all it took!

The sunshine is super-easy to make and as a money-saving tip,
all I use is my circle punch and a sheet of double-sided adhesive.
No need to buy pre-cut circles.  You can get so many more punches
in a variety of sizes when you use a 'sheet' of adhesive.


I really hope you will make it over to The Cafe and wish
all the best to the designers who will be leaving us.
They have given so much of their time & talents to help
inspire you to play each week.

Next week, we will have EIGHT new designers joining us
for our next term.  It's going to be another amazing season in
The Play Date Cafe!


Project Recipe:
Patterned Paper & Die Cut sentiment:  
Dear Lizzy collection by American Crafts
Embellishments: baker's twine in Marigold & Midnight Blue

9 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Lots of changes going on! So sad to see the 4 ladies moving on. :(

Love your sun made from twine, so cute!!!

Kara Lynne said...

When I read the PDCC blog, I was so moved to see you speak about each of the four who are leaving.

Very sweet card and great sun idea, thanks for the adhesive tip.

Lisa Elton said...

There you go again Julie with one of your "Queen of Twine" creations! How fun is this, CUTE!!

Angi Barrs said...

Supah fabulous creation. I looove how you made the sun with twine!

~amy~ said...

Love all that delish twinery:)

Lalo said...

Simple and AWESOME!!! digging the twine :)

Joy said...

This card is so cool! I LOVE that bakers' twine sun!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful sunshine Julie!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! That sun reminds me of the Huichol Mexican Native American's art. Blessings!