Monday, February 4, 2013

Be Our Valentine ... The Twinery Event!



Happy Monday ! ! !

Welcome to The Open Window and a fabulous day !


That's right . . . The Twinery wants to be YOUR Valentine !
Our design team will be sharing inspiration with you
all week long with crafts that focus on a variety of themes.

Today it's Gift Tags!


These are bold, aren't they?
I love mixing bright colors, but it sometimes takes me awhile
to come around to them.
For these tags, I was totally inspired by our baker's twine.
Pink Sorbet
Strawberry
Cantaloupe
{doesn't that sound absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS?!}

I stamped the tag tops & sentiments using terrific stamps from Avery Elle,
then embossed the bottom section of the tag using this
beautiful diamond pattern EF from Lifestyle Crafts.


From there, I simply loaded up on twine and made the
tag full of texture.

For a completely DIFFERENT take on tags . . .


 I focused on our newest 'Platinum' Shimmer twine
paired with 'Ocean' to create a completely different look.


Staying with the stamp set from Avery Elle, I simply 'shadowed'
the images with my inks.
The gorgeous button brads are from The Paper Studio.

Just check out the beautiful metallic shimmer woven into the twine . . .


It's a fabulous celebration and I hope you will join us each day.


There have already been amazing giveaways & each day brings more.

Today's giveaway is a great 'GIFT TAG' PUNCH.
Make sure you stop by The Twinery blog to check out all
the details and to find more inspiration from our great designers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Make sure to leave a little note before you make your
next stop.  I'd love to hear from you  :  )


Happy Valentine's Day Project Recipe:
Stamps: All Occasion Tags & Lots of Love by Avery Elle
Embellishments: baker's twine in Strawberry, Pink Sorbet & Cantaloupe
 
Be Mine Project Recipe:
Stamps: All Occasion Tags & Lots of Love by Avery Elle
Ink: Memento Angel Pink & Teal Zeal by Tsukineko
Embellishments: baker's twine in Ocean & Platinum Shimmer
 

7 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Gorgeous Tags Julie!

Beckie said...

Amazing tags. I super love 'em.

Be blessed, Beckie

Dorina D said...

Fabulous tags - Julie. Love the colors and designs and use of twine. Great job.

Tonya said...

I love, love, love your tags. So adorable!!

Tonya

Jeanette said...

Super cute tags! I'm wondering where you got the cute paper clips, though.

mickeyp said...

These tags are really fun! The twine from the Twinery is such a terrific accent in some and a burst of color for others. <3 them!

Christine Traversa said...

Pretty!