Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Little Spooky Stamping


If you are looking for the
EtsyInspired Challenge,


Thought I would share with you a little
'spooky' stamping I've been doing.

I totally CASED this card when I was at
my 'not-so-local' scrapbooking store.
I was on a mission to pick up some of the new
fall stamps from The Memory Box collection
and I scored big time!

There was a card on display that used this 'lighting' technique
and I knew I wanted to re-create it.
This gorgeous paper is part of the Memory Box fall
collection.  I stamped the lamp post with kitty in a strategic
place on the paper and then proceeded to 'freehand'
the branches to go 'through' the light.
The moon with bats image (and the sentiment used below) 
are from Artful Inkables.

Here's another variation on the same theme...

Hope you enjoyed a little 'spookiness'.
I know we are still in the thick of summer,
but I just couldn't wait to have a little play
with this fantastic collection.


13 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, WOW, Julie!!! These cards are amazing!! You picked the perfect papers and images to create that scene. Your streetlight beam is out of this world. I'm going to have to try this sometime!!!

Suzanne C said...

I recognize that paper and stamp!!! Fantastic use of the MB paper and stamp. Beautiful card!

Linda said...

Wonderful card. So much fun!

Minxy said...

Aw Julie, these are way cool

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, this is just too cool! I saw it in my reader and had to pull it up! Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Never too early for Halloween for me!! Fab cards!!

StampinCathy said...

Now this is some SPOOKY cards. I just love the stamps.

Andrea Ewen said...

Great technique, I've not seen that before, gonna have to try it! I'm ready for a little Halloween myself and this card is inspiring!

Lin said...

Really fun card, Julie! Great design!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so spooky Julie! Black cats frighten me!!! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHH! I'm not one to love this holiday--but this card is SUPER fun! I have to say it makes me want to break out some of my Halloween papers and stamps;) LOVE It! You are sooooooo clever:) LOVE LOVE LOVE it:)

Sharon Basel said...

So, so, so, so creative! I love this whole concept and will have to try it myself! I always find something unique here when I peak in your open window!

Tini A. said...

Wow - what a great card! Wonderful work!
Hugs Tini