Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear .......




A very special friend of mine is having a birthday
and a very special group of designers is having a party for her!


Yep...it's my friend Michele Gross' birthday!

Several current and past designers are getting together
to celebrate.  I am one of the 'retired' designers from
the challenge and am so happy to be joining the fun
to honor my friend.

If you've reached my blog by way of my talented friend
then you are on the right trail.

The beginning of the hop starts at my friend & TCM teammate

A complete list of blogs on the hop are listed at the end
of this post and you won't want to miss any of the inspiration
provided by these amazing designers!


I thought it would be fun to keep the theme Clean and Simple, so I went with
these fun stickers from SRM.  The primary colors worked so well with
the baker's twine from The Twinery.
Keeping it 'dotty' 
( a word that reminds me of my friend Sarah from the UK)
I did a 3/4 background using an EF from Cuttlebug.


I sure hope you enjoyed your visit and hope you have fun on the hop!
Michele is a fabulous designer and a very dear friend.
I hope you get to know her just a little bit more today because you'll
find out the very same things about her that I have.

The next stop on the party train is the very talented

If you get lost along the way, the entire list of designer who are
partying with us today are listed here:



Project Recipe:
Cardstock: Bazzill (color)
Embellishments: baker's twine in Pink Sorbet, Lemondrop & Carribbean
all by The Twinery
Birthday We've Got Your Border by SRM Stickers
Tools:  Lg Dot EF by Cuttlebug, Big Shot



17 comments:

Dana said...

This was well worth the wait Julie! Fabulous punch of color with the polka dot sticker sand the embossed BG.

Kathy Skou said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Julie, as Dana said above, this was SO worth the wait! This is my favorite kind of CAS, white and graphic with a pop of rainbow.
xo
Lorena

Michele Gross said...

Blogger has been quite the pistol this last week. I've had scheduled posts not go off either-grrr! I love your card! It's so happy and fun and you know how much I love polka dots so the embossed background really makes me smile :) I was so surprised by this hop and I'm so happy you are part of it :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card Julie! Love the colorful mixed twine and polka dots...CUTE!!

~amy~ said...

Love the festive colors!

Jenny said...

Oh just look at that splash of colour in the twine!!! Just a fabulous CAS card Julie, I love the design :0)
Sorry blogger has been giving you problems..... Certainly keeps us o our toes !
Jenny x

Donna B. said...

Another awesome CAS card Julie!! I love how you used the stickers and the twine. I haven't used many stickers, but I made some Christmas cards with sticker sentiments last week and I thought they were so easy and fun. I have got to get some more - these are great!

Aimes said...

What a fabulous bright and fun birthday card! I'm going dotty over it! Hee!
Hugs!
x

Deb said...

Love your card! That twine is awesome!

Kimberly said...

Julie - I just love that crisp, clean white with the bright polka dots, and I LOVE the way you tied all the little twines together! And don't worry...you weren't the only one whose post didn't go live when scheduled...grrr... So frustrating to put all that work into it yesterday, then wake up to realize it's not there. Oh, well! Great card!

Lisa A. said...

This is a sweet and wonderful birthday card!! Love all your circles and the perfect finishing touch of twine...you have inspired me, Julie...thanks for sharing:)!!!

Karen B. said...

This just might go down as my most favorite card of yours ever! Love the simplicity and the cute colors. Thanks for joining in and making Michele's day just a little extra special.

Julie said...

Wow, I LOVE this fun CAS card!!! Great job!!

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my cuteness!! Your dots...embossed and colored...with the twine are to die for!! Love this!

Laurie said...

Adorable! I love that embossing!

val duffy said...

super cute card and what an easy idea to jazz it up and make it personal!