Thursday, July 18, 2013

Make a Wish



I'm so glad to have you back here at The Open Window.
It's time for another fabby color challenge over at


Today is a very special day . . .
It's my daughter's 29th birthday.


I can't believe so many years have passed.
She is so beautiful, both inside & out.

Choosing the sentiment for this card was a simple choice!


Because I've been personally busy for the past few weeks, I didn't
devote nearly the time to getting my card done this week as I
would have liked.  I tried photos both indoors & out, but still struggled
to find the right lighting.

Very clean & simple, I used the 'Dandelion Wishes' stamps
and dies from My Favorite Things.
It's very special to know that my long time blogging friend
Mona Pendleton is the illustrator of these beautiful images.

I love the intricate detail of these stamps.

Many thanks to Mona for providing not only the stamps/dies
for this week, but also the most generous prize for our challenge !


You'll find all the details over in The Cafe.

I hope you will play along with us this week!



Project Recipe:
Patterned Paper: Ledger from DCWV
Stamps: Dandelion Wishes by My Favorite Things
Ink: Slate & Latte from A Muse Studio
Tools: Die-Namics Steps & Toppers for Dandelion Wishes
from My Favorite Things

11 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter Julie! Your card is so very pretty! Love all the elegant pearl detail! Thank you so much for the awesome opportunity!

Stef H said...

happy birthday daughter! she's beautiful. so is your card.

a 29 yr old? really? you don't look old enough to have one!

keep cool. this weather sucks!

hugs :)

Lisa Elton said...

The happiest of birthday wishes and blessings to your daughter Julie!! Lovely card, the pearls really set off Mona's dandelion!

Julia Aston said...

The pearl accents are lovely with this stamp! and a big happy b'day to your lovely daughter!

Romy said...

Such a gorgeous card! I really love the dandelion.
Happy birthday to your daughter!

Angie said...

Very pretty card!

toga costume said...

It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.

Unknown said...

Very good written story. It will be useful to anybody who usess it, including yours truly :). Keep doing what you are doing -

looking forward to more posts.

Cardsharing Server

Jeanne J. said...

Happy Birthday to your Baby Girl! Your card is beautiful. Love the soft colors you used with that dreamy image Julie!

Beverly S. said...

Pretty card...love your dandelion.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!