Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Twinery Creates with Poppystamps Blog Hop



HELLO !!!

Yes indeed!  After a year-long break, I am baaaaack!
I am so happy to be sharing a wonderful event with you
and can't think of a better time to be sharing!


I have enjoyed being the Design Team Coordinator for The Twinery
for nearly 4 years now and love when we get together with other
creative teams to share projects with you.
Today is Day #3 of our blog hop with Poppystamps.
They provided beautiful dies to inspire us & here is what I came up with.


This beautiful die is called the 'Viva Tree' and as soon as I saw it,
I knew what I wanted to do.
Last year, I used the same 'knotting' method to create popcorn
for another fun project (which can be seen HERE)

I cut a dark brown & kraft brown tree and glued them
to my card base.  I thought it would give some dimension to create
a 'shadow' effect by layering one over the other.
To create the colorful leaves, I simply tied three knots for each color,
and glued them randomly to the tree.
The Twinery has so many beautiful shades of baker's twine, so you
can really get creative with this idea.  
For my tree, I chose the following colors:

Pink Sorbet
Lilac
Marigold
Mandarin
Honeydew
Cappuccino


During this three-day blog hop, there are some pretty fabby prizes
available to two lucky winners.
If you swing by all of the participating blogs & leave a little love, you just might win...


Metallic Sampler Pack (retail $32)


Two-pack of Dies (retail $26.50)

Here’s how you can enter to win the Sampler Pack of Twines:
Leave a comment on each participating designer’s blog on the hop (and here on our blog, too!).
This is a 3-day hop, so be sure to comment each day.
Please be sure to leave your e-mail address along with your comments
so we can have a way to contact you if you win.
For additional chances to win:
- Follow our blog. You can enter your e-mail to subscribe under the “Follow By Email!”
heading in the blog sidebar.
- “Like” The Twinery on Facebook and leave a comment on our page letting us know
you came from the blog hop.
The deadline to leave comments for the giveaway is at 11:59pm EST on Friday, August 1st.
Check The Twinery blog on Sunday, August 3rd to see if you’ve won!

You still have plenty of time to join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by and I know I will see you again soon!

It's time to get you on your way to the next blog on the hop
Patty Tanuz



36 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! And using the twine to make blossoms on the tree is genius!

Katia said...

what a cleaver use of the twine, your card is my favorite from today! is stunning!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, this card is simply amazing! I love the shadow on the tree and the clever way you used twine on the tree to create blossoms!

Iris said...

What a fabulous card, love how you used the twine, what a great idea!

gardener said...

Lovely colors and I like the tree shadow effect.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Julie Especially love the unique way you used the twine on the beautiful tree. Awesome creativity
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects
soniasv@rediffmail.com

Jean Bullock said...

Well done. I would consider this card great for both genders.

Mary said...

I love your colorful leaves. What a great idea. I checked out the popcorn too....very good idea! Great job! Love that tree, and how you shadowed it! Very nice card.

Anonymous said...

It's simple but so pretty. Love all of the little flowers on the tree.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Stranger! So nice to see one of your PRETTY twine creations again!

Jeanne J. said...

So clever! I never would have thought of this. I love all the bright color you added to the tree die - and the double die cut to add some shadow. Wonderful!

Sarah Anderson said...

So, so brilliant to see you back ! And I love this project - clean and simple but very cleverly and imaginatively done! Love it x x x x x

Auntie Em said...

Love the effect of the shadowed tree and the knotty blossoms! Your card is so pretty.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I love the little knots!

Patty Tanúz said...

Beautiful and wonderful idea!!!! Love your card!!!! Kisses from Méxicoooo, Patty Tanúz, DT PS :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a creative and beautiful card! I love the "leaves"!!!
SharliF@cox.net

cghundley said...

How delightful and
pretty! Wonderful
use of the die
and twine.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

This is great!!

DBMM said...

I love the tree and the little knots on each branch! So darn cute!

CraftyPaws said...

What a fabulous project! I love the way the twine was wrapped to make blossoms. So clever and unique! TFS hugs, Kristina

Sue D said...

Love this fabulous idea!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

SueB said...

Great ideas - both to use the offset die for the shadow, and knotty blossoms! Thanx for the inspiration!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOW!! This is AWESOME Beyond WORDS!! =) I LOVE this idea and the FUN Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Becky Selecman said...

Love the card. Glad to see you back creating.

lecardonbleu.com said...

Love this happy little, very colorful tree!

Aimée Dillon said...

This is is gorgeous!!!! I am working on a tree quilt right now and this card would be great for gifting the tree quilt!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome card! LOVE that tree die and the fun use of the twine! Great job!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Such a gorgeous card, Julie!

Lezlye said...

Love your use of twine here combined with the ide!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

gorgeous, you tree - love those twine blossoms!

Patt H. said...

Wonderful card! Love the twine flowers.

janlesiak said...

Love all the colors and the shadow on the tree. Great idea.

Anita said...

I love this sweetie.

Lura said...

Excellent idea! I'm going to have to case it. Thank you!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty and creative! I like the way you did the popcorn card too. thanks for sharing...

Kari V. said...

I love the flowers made of knots on this tree!! Beautiful card!!