Monday, July 28, 2014

The Twinery / Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop



No...it is not your imagination!  LOL

I am back once again with another fabby blog hop with my team over at
The Twinery as we team up with the designer from Serendipity Stamps.


Our team were given the option to work with 
Serendipity's stamps and dies
and I chose to work with a beautiful Lighthouse Die & Stamp Set


I love using baker's twine to create landscape and that's exactly what I did for
both of today's projects.  For this one, I wanted to create the varied colors of the sea,

Denim
Ocean
Seaweed
Honeydew

It's so easy...just run your tape roller in a wavy line and simply layer the twine
row by row. 
To create the sun, I rolled Marigold & Buttercream in a circle of tape




For the next project, I wanted to create a sandy beach landscape
so I layered Cappuccino & Stone baker's twine.


I've always found lighthouses to be a source of hope as the beacon
shines for miles.  


During this three-day blog hop, there are some pretty fabby prizes
available to two lucky winners.
If you swing by all of the participating blogs & leave a little love, you just might win...


Solid Twine Sampler Pack (retail value $48)


Here’s how you can enter to win the Sampler Pack of Twines:
Leave a comment on each participating designer’s blog on the hop (and here on our blog, too!).
This is a 3-day hop, so be sure to comment each day.
Please be sure to leave your e-mail address along with your comments
so we can have a way to contact you if you win.
For additional chances to win:
- Follow our blog. You can enter your e-mail to subscribe under the “Follow By Email!”
heading in the blog sidebar.
- “Like” The Twinery on Facebook and leave a comment on our page letting us know
you came from the blog hop.
The deadline to leave comments for the giveaway is at 11:59pm EST on Friday, August 1st.
Check The Twinery blog on Sunday, August 3rd to see if you’ve won!

You still have plenty of time to join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by and I know I will see you again soon!

It's time to get you on your way to the next 
stop on the hop, my talented friend
Monika Wright

Have fun !


30 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Two great cards, Julie,love how you created the sand!

Marybeth said...

Julie , the waves are such a great way to use the twine! Wonderful lighthouse card!

Sabrina said...

Such beautiful cards and I love how you used your twine for the water!!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS!! Super creative and fun!! Great job!! Joleen

Pauline said...

Great cards Julie, love your seas made of twine!

Lura said...

This would certainly be an improvement on my coloring techniques! Great way to use that twine...

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I love how you used the twine to make the ground and the water to ground the lighthouse.
The sun is pretty. I hadn't seen the lighthouse before. I'll be getting it.

Anonymous said...

forgot my e-mail
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful Julie! I love the texture you added with the twine - makes this so fun and colorful too!

Barbara M. said...

Wow! Love your cards.

cghundley said...

What a lovely way
to make your landscapes
and ocean with the twine!
Lovely cards.
Carla from Utah

Ala M. said...

beautiful sea card

Ali G. said...

wooowww k hermoso proyecto, me encanto y por supuesto me llevo esta linda idea, prometo hacer mencion de donde tome esta idea en cuanto la plasme :)

Unknown said...

OMG even more ideas for twine WOOHOO!!

Tammy P. said...

I love lighthouses also, and you have really highlighted yours with the fabulous way you have used the twine!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow - Gorgeous! Love both cards and how you used the twine - so creative! Awesome sentiment stamp too!

Katia said...

What a fantastic and beautiful card, with a very cleaver use from the twine!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wonderful use of the twine. Fun projects. TFS

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful cards! So creative! I would never have thought to use twine this way...thanks for sharing.

Aimée Dillon said...

CUUUUUTE!!!!! What a great use of diecuts and the twine!!! Love the quote as well

Nancy Penir said...

Yes to your adorable use of twine for sun and sea! Love your cards!

Sue D said...

wonderful lighthouse cards. I like your use of twine.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous makes I love the twine sunshine, fab to see your post's again. Elizabeth xxx

Beverly S. said...

Cute cards....love how you used the twine on your cards...very creative.

Anita said...

So pretty my fabby friend.

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous idea for the water, more brill cards!

Christine said...

Oh gosh - these are great Julie!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, what amazing cards! I would never think to use twine to create a landscape image. So clever!

boris153 said...

I'm a bit of a sucker for Lighthouses too! Love these

Sherri P said...

I love your use of twine. great idea