Monday, May 24, 2010

Looking Through a New Window




I wanted to play with this challenge ALL last week,
but just couldn't seem to get it done.

So I am very happy to have completed my project
and am quickly going to get it posted over there  : )


Little Red Wagon's challenge this week

I knew exactly what I wanted to use for this
unique and fun challenge.


  I love these chipboard embellishments from
Tattered Angels and thought it would put a
'twist' on the challenge.
There is most definitely a 'window'
in this distressed and layered card.
I used wonderful Tim Holtz/SA
stamps for the flourishes and butterfly.
The sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.


I'm sure you recognize all the Prima going on!

I am also entering this card over at...


Totally Gorjuss
#31 - 'Bling'



Flutter By Wednesday
 #110 - flower & butterfly



Stampin' Sisters in Christ
#40 - Distressing

I hope you enjoy it and I hope it inspires you
to 'think outside' the window  : )


21 comments:

Maggi said...

How pretty Julie! I love this!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Stunning card! Beautiful window card, just perfect for Julie's Open Window ;-))) x

Jan Hennings said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love the flower and the little framed gem! Love Prima, too :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

*gasp* Wowza, this is a gorgeous card! What a lovely little window, too! :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just beautiful! I am in awe of this card!

Michele Gross said...

You do the vintage shabby chic thing sooo well! Just beautiful Julie!!

Sharon Basel said...

Another beautiful and inspiring card! Hey thanks Julie for the tip on PDCC30 - I changed my blog post and entered the card!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Julie, The lace, flowers ,butterfly and bling ,who could ask for anything more!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julie! What a perfect challenge for you - to use a window at Julie's Open Window :) Love all the detail!

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Hey did you see the contest Tim Holtz is having on his blog? So much fun going on over there this week. Pretty card!

Janis Lewis said...

Pretty! Glad you are sharing it with us. So pretty. :) Janis

StampinCathy said...

This is one stunning card. Great colors and love your creative style.

Net said...

Oh wow that's so pretty!

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

Rosanne said...

This is gorgeous Julie!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Debbie said...

Simply stunning! Your cards are a work of art!

Danni said...

How beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Michelle said...

So very pretty - love the vintage shabby chic feel to it. So glad you joined us at FBW this week!!

Ann said...

Love the look of this card; so elegant. I'm becoming a follower!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and love those embellies!!! Gorgeous card!

peggysue said...

That is one gorgeous window card, wow! So vintage shabby chic, I love it! Thank you for participating this week in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card--the colors....the gems....everything! You put lots of detail into this card--super pretty! LOVE it:)