Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Those Fabby Beekman Boys & More!




I cannot believe a week has gone by since I last posted!
I hate having such a gap, but I find that when I get on a roll
with designing cards, it's easiest for me to just keep rollin'!


Paul and I took a drive to Madison, WI for a book signing
event and while up there, I made time for a quick visit
to Archivers.  While there, I picked up some new Prima
flowers (these are made of pure white mulberry paper)
and this fabby Hero Arts image.


I love the look of the kraft with with the white flowers,
The rest of the image was colored using metallic markers.


Of course for me, no card is complete without a
matching envelope, which is what you see above.

On a completely different note....
I love to go to book signings and have quite a collection
of authors signatures, most obtained after author readings.
I've been known to drive quite a distance for these, so 
Madison was a short trip (180 miles round trip).

Who was worth the drive?


The Fabulous Beekman Boys!

Have you watched their show on Planet Green?
They are 2 NY city boys who decided they wanted
to give farm life a try and the rest....well, it became
a reality show.


Josh (on the right) recently wrote a book about their
journey owning the Beekman farm.
Brent (on the left) once worked for Martha Stewart
and is the logistics man behind the Beekman 1802 brand.


We had so much fun chatting with them at Williams-Sonoma
and can't wait to see a new season start on Planet Green.


If you are looking for a fun read, this is it!

Well...I am really glad you stopped by today.
Oddly enough, after going an entire week without
a post, you will have two today because the new
challenge from The Play Date Cafe comes your
way at midnight EST tonight.

Thanks so much for popping in....


Today's Project Recipe:
Cardstock:  Bazzill, The Paper Company
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: flowers by Prima, rhinestones by K&Company
Tools:  Corner rounder punch by Fiskars, Embossing Powder
Markers from American Crafts


11 comments:

Fuchsia said...

Fantastic stamp and you have made it look spectacular with the white
Boys look nice dont know them though LOL

Rochelle Sodipo said...

That flower is making me want to leave work and go some place sunny! L-O-V-E it!

ElizabethR said...

Sorry Honey never heard of them either, but as a townie that moved to the seaside, and sell's at a country market (very kitch) go guys!!!!!!! That stamp is gorgeous. Love Elizabeth ps: love your hat!!!! xxx

Jen Carter said...

Super cute card!! Love the way you colored it and the super cute flower in the first one!

Jen Carter said...

Super cute card!! Love the way you colored it and the super cute flower in the first one!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers against the kraft cs! Looks like you had a FAB time with the Beekman Boys!!

Lindsey said...

No other word... beautiful! Love the coloured flowers on kraft. Sounds like you had one fun time!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER beautiful cards! LOVE the way you colored in the flowers--beautiful! And what fun to meet these Beekman Boys. I don't know them--but I will have to check them out:)

LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here--it's not the same as skyping, but I still feel like I'm there with you! LOVE LOVE LOVE you:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee your cards!! Gorgeous colors and loving the big flower! And loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos!! How FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS cards! You know my fascination with kraft. Then, combine that with your beautiful color combos and bits of white details, and you've got a winner, girl! Stunning! Oh! And fun pics! Just LOVE to learn about what makes people tick!

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous...both cards are stand-outs! Love the look of black embossing on kraft.