Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Heartfelt Thanks!



I'm so glad you stopped by today.
I am happy to share a colorful card with you today
to say 'Thank You' to teachers everywhere !


Yes . . . The Twinery is sharing all kinds of crafting goodness
this week in honor of educators.  

 
Our design team will be
sharing both cards & gifts using fun & fabulous baker's twine
in hopes of inspiring you to create something for the teacher in your life.

With four grandsons ranging from 4th grade to pre-school, I have had
the pleasure of making cards for their teachers for Christmas
 and the end of the school year.


I am definitely a card maker at heart & did I have fun putting
this card together !  I created the tag first and layered from there.
Both the tag & card base have washi tape from Freckled Fawn.
These alphabets remind me so much of grade school
[which was WAY too long ago]

I love putting a whole bunch of baker's twine together for
a tag 'tassel' and for this one, I used:
Charcoal, Mandarin, Buttercream, Marigold and the brand new
Rainbow Teal Shimmer.
All of these can be found over in The Twinery Store.


I used stickers from SRM for the sentiment & fun polka dots,
a fun pencil embellishment (which I've had for years)
and the flower is from Prima.
 
I hope you will stop by The Twinery blog this week and enjoy
the projects our talented designers have to share.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today !
 
 
Project Recipe:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Embellishments: washi tape from Freckled Fawn,
pencil button by Dress it Up, stickers from SRM Stickers
flower from Prima, all baker's twine from The Twinery

8 comments:

Sindhu said...

Beautiful card Julie! The flower is so pretty.

~Tammy~ said...

Super cute Julie! Love the little pencil!

Debra Lovell said...

Wow! Thats an adorable card!! Very clever... "Happy Spring"

Rachel said...

fabulous teacher's card!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

KatheeVZ said...

ABSOLUTELY love it!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! LOVE that twine "tassle"!!

Nat said...

lovin this card, fun & fab!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.