Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots of Fun to Share


It's been a really nice day here in Northern Illinois...55 degrees as I post this message.  But alas, it is not to last.  The temps are due to dip down into the 20's by tomorrow with yes, a bit of snow.
So I made this little card because of it's cheery colors.

I used a variety of fun things to get this one done.  I embossed the Basic Grey background using my new Cuttlebug Paisley EF which I got my friend Mona.  I made a matching paper flower with the Scalloped Nestibilities and finally, finished off the border with my Martha Stewart Loop punch.
Yes...it's a lot of matchy-matchy...but I think it works!
At the end of this post I have some great news
for those who LOVE this border,
so make sure you keep reading.

So I was very excited to receive an email from my friend Heidi who runs the blog for GCD Studios.  If you have been reading my blog for very long, you KNOW I LOVE GCD STUDIOS!  Heidi wanted to let me know that one of my cards was featured on their blog as they were honoring past blog candy winners and fans, of which I am BOTH.  If you click HERE, you can read the post and
you will find my card.

Then today, the FedEx truck stopped by to deliver these 3 fabulous sets from GCD Studios!
Included in the box were some fabulous embellishment packages to go with the latest release of the 'Artsy Urban' Collection by Melody Ross.  So I am looking forward to working with these
FABU collections!

In case you though I had forgotten about the 'Autograph Sessions' with our artists and authors, I truly have not.  On the contrary....in fact, I have been working to edit all the fabulous information that has been shared by these wonderful folks and am hoping to get a new Session up in just a few days.  To whet your appetite though, I can tell you that we have a couple of wonderful 'famous' stamp designers along with mixed media artists and workshop instructors and of course, our authors, whose books really tell the story.  Speaking of story, if you love art journaling, you are going to love our next guest, so make sure you stay tuned!

DESIGN TEAM CALL
If you hadn't heard, The Open Window has announced a design team call for those who specialize in vintage/retro paper arts.  There are so many wonderful places to draw inspiration from for lovers of vintage and we have a new challenge blog that we want to include in that list.
To get more details, click HERE!
Some of my favorite vintage-style blogs are:
A Vintage Chic, Iralamija, Lilybean's Paperie
Some of my favorite retro-style blogs are:
Gauche Alchemy, Just Add Glitter & Stir, A Vintage Spirit and Chronically Vintage
Visiting these blogs may help you to know if you have THE STYLE!

Last but not least, I have heard from a number of you who are just not able to get your hands on one of my favorite punches, the Martha Stewart Loop punch.  So I thought I would go ahead and offer some of my favorite borders to you in my Etsy Store.

These are the borders I used in the card above and they are ready for you to add to your cards and scrapbook pages.  They are large enough to cut in half so you double what you already get AND many of these are double-sided papers, so you have more choices.
So click here or on my link at the top of my sidebar to see what choices are there.
I will do my best to add to the selection as quickly as I can.

Long post....long overdue!  Thanks for hanging in with me.
that greeting card at the top...
That's for YOU!

11 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

well...I love your little "matchy" card and the flower is just adorable! :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a charming, lively and massively pretty card! That loop border is really neat, I've never seen it before, but can fully understand why many people are on the prowl for it.

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you very much for recently entering my giveaway for a beautiful set of Jessie Willcox Smith art prints. The lucky winner is going to drawn at random and announced on Chronically Vintage later today. I really appreciate your support of this giveaway and wish you the best of luck!

Tons of hugs!
♥ Jessica

Hearts Turned said...

It's not too matchy, Julie...it's perfect! I love it's pattern, cheerfulness, and sweet message--You're just wonderful!!!

lori vliegen said...

your card is beautiful.....i love the papers you used, and that loopy punch is awesome!! thanks for sharing your creativity with us!! :))

Maggi said...

I am positively *drooling* over this card, love that flower! Awww, look at me! I'm on the reference list, how fabulous, thank you! :D What a great idea to add borders to your shop, I hope they sell fast!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully co-ordinated, and what a fab idea to put loop punched paper in your etsy shop! I'm hoping some'll fall out onto my shelf and maybe end up in my parcel ;) xx

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Julie! I love your matchy-matchy! That card is just beautiful...I love those colors and the patterns too! You always make such pretty things! Lots of exciting news too! xoxo

Hels Sheridan said...

Love love love the card hun...and those papers look yummy :O)) And...I thought I found the loop punch, I bought it...got it home...it isn't the loopy one after all...looks like I am the loopy one LOL Will keep searching LOL

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

No loop punch here ..out of stock :( Think I need one!! lol
Love the card xx

farmhouse-story said...

i love making those cute flowers!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Julie the flowers (and snowflake close-ups) are sooooo awesome! I always love seeing your latest creations! I understand about things being crazy...I have my main tree up...but just the lights, ribbons, and candy canes...and I may skip putting the family ornaments up this year...? dunno why...have a Happy Monday!