Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Dear Friends...



I am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas dinner with my husband Paul, my children Mallory and Alex and my sweet grandsons, CJ, Caleb and Alex jr.  My dad started a tradition in our home when I was very small.  Gifts would be opened in this order: oldest adults down to the youngest child.  He hoped that it would encourage the little ones as they grew older to learn patience.  I must say that as a youngster, patience was the last thing on my mind and my brother's.  But do you know, we both have carried on that tradition.  I think my dad would be so happy to know that.  But our reasons are very different.  We carry on that tradition in honor of him and the childhood memories that come with it.  We will also share the Christmas miracle that is the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, but that will be because it is our belief and where our faith for the coming days comes from.

The vintage photo above I share with you today to wish you a lovely Christmas day.  It symbolizes love and peace and the hope that we all have for new miracles each day.  Thank you for becoming my new friends and thank you for sharing life with me and my family.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.....Julie Ranae

5 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend! Thanks for sharing your sweet family traditions! I hope you, Paul, and your family have a wonderful, memory-filled day!

CFLanger said...

Merry Christmas to you too Julie! God bless!

Anne Jagger said...

Merry Christmas!

farmhouse-story said...

happy holidays, julie!

Lorraine said...

great photos we had snow just before Christmas and now its freezing fog. here is to an arty and creative 2010