Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life is Better When.....



Well...there's no question about that sentiment, is there?
Playing with these colors and fun designer papers
is TOTAL FUN for me!


As one who hosts a color challenge, I am all too
happy to participate in others.  I love working with
a variety of color combos and THIS one over at
is just right for me!


I focused on this great color pattern from Cosmo
Cricket's 'Early Bird' collection.  It has such
a retro feel for me.  Of course, my childhood was
spent in the whole of the 60's and this pattern for
me takes me back.  Now the colors on the other
hand, take me back to my teen years in the
decade of the 70's where this green was
EVERYWHERE!


I used the Cuttlebug 'Stylized Flowers'EF and distressed it to 
really make it POP.  This is by far one of my favorite EF's I own.
Of course, you can't go wrong with a little polka dot ribbon
to tie it all together.  The sentiment is from Cloud 9 Design.

So here is what I want to know....

Name something that brings
FUN to your life...

Hope you will leave a comment and 
share your thoughts....


7 comments:

Marisa said...

Great DP and a fabulous sentiment :D Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Julie! love the embossed bg and that fun bow:) thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Julie! The distressed sanding looks great!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julie! I love your card - the distressed embossing folder effect is just perfect! Hmm. What do I think is fun? Well, I think Yoga is fun! I think making cards is fun! ummm, how much time do you have?

Suzanne C said...

Love the pairing of the paper with the EF and it is one of my fav's too! My youngest daughter is still young enough to say things that make me laugh and I think that is too fun!

Sarah Anderson said...

isn't that a gorgeous colour combo?!!! love that paper :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE it! I love that paper! I love anything green:) You did a fab job with the color combo---must be something in your genes:)