Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Missing in Action...The Play Date Cafe Challenge



First....let me say thank you for bearing with me
through a week-long absence from The Open Window.
Late last Friday evening, I was awakened in the
middle of the night with, what turned out to be,
a horrible flu virus that kept me in bed for nearly
5 days.  I am slowly getting myself back to
the land of the living, but am taking it really slow.

In the meantime, I have had some very messy
computer problems to boot, so all in all, not a great
start to the week.

The good news is....there is a new challenge over at
The Play Date Cafe!

Can I just say....

OUR DESIGN TEAM IS AWESOME!!!

The girls have come up with some very clever ways to
do this month's 'Color Splash' which is black, white
and a 'bit' of orange.
My dear friend (and partner in crime) Sarah
made sure the post was complete over in The Cafe.
SHE EVEN PUT HER OWN UK SPIN ON IT!


We are also THRILLED to have Kelly Marie of
as our Guest Designer and Sponsor
for this week's challenge.

So, although I am no longer contagious,
I'd still rather you head on over to 
and check out this week's challenge and better yet,
PLAY ALONG!


22 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Sounds like a rough week, glad your back amoung the living and feeling better!

Helen said...

Julie, so glad to hear you're on the mend. Love this week's colour (note!) splash!!

Suzanne C said...

Keep resting so you can come back and play again with us! :)

Stef H said...

oh you poor thing! sure hope you're feeling better real soon!

Maggi said...

Yuck, we must be passing around the plague through the blogs. lol I'm glad you're feeling better!

Lisa Somerville said...

Glad you're feeling better Julie!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love when you highlight words! I can almost hear you talking and putting more emphasis on these words! ACK--too fun!

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad that you picked me to be a part of your group! I love the PDCC! I am so glad that you rested and that you are feeling better!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy to hear you're feeling better :) Maybe you will feel up to creating a card to share :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

so glad you're feeling better.. HUGS!!

Dazzled Nance said...

Sorry to hear you were hit with that nasty bug! Glad you are feeling better. Hope your computer feels better soon too! Isn't it amazing how much a malfunctioning computer wreaks havoc on our lives? Thank you and to the whole team for selecting my card for the #24 challenge! I love playing at the Cafe! Great inspiration from all of you.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So sorry to hear you have not been feeling too good, hope you are back on your feet soon. I will be joining in with this weeks challenge over the next day or so. Just wanted to wish you well. Tracy Evans (www.craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com) x x

Jean Franks Beck said...

Ugh!! Sounds awful... 5 days and counting! Hope you're feeling wonderful again soon. I've heard that a few days of crafting is actually very beneficial for those recovering from the flu... speeds up recovery like nuthin' else can! ;)

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, dear! This sounds yucky ... I hope you're feeling better soon. I've missed your posts ... just wanted to let you know.

Feel better!!

~Sending hugs, Deb

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julie,
I've missed you and am glad to hear you're feeling better! Take care of yourself!

Beedeebabee said...

Hey Sweetie! I'm so sorry you've been sick with the flu, but I'm happy you're starting to feel better...thank goodness. Take it slow and pamper yourself until you're 100% again. Sending a big hug, xoxo Paulette ;)

lisa said...

Sorry to hear you've been so poorly, Julie. Hope you are beginning to feel a bit better now.
Take it easy.

Lisax

PapierGirl said...

Julie - so glad to hear you are feeling better - I missed you this week! :) When I see a card posted, I will know you are all better! Hurry! :)

Vicki Bray said...

Julie - glad to hear your doing better! Take care and don't push yourself to much!

kae pea said...

So glad you are back ! You have been missed...
xo

Linda Beeson said...

Hope you are feeling a whole lot better by now! LOVE playing with Play Date Cafe and loved this challenge.

Paul B said...

Hope you're feeling better and receiving lots of TLC from your loved ones :) Pxx