Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthdays & Baker's Twine



It's a new week and I am so glad you stopped by!

Today I am sharing a couple of fun cards using 
the best baker's twine on the planet!!!
Of course, I am speaking of the beautiful twine-goodness from
The Twinery!


I love working with die cut frames and sometimes all they need
is a little extra pizazz bring them to life.
I used 'Blossom', 'Charcoal' & 'Cappuccino'
and just wove the three colors around the perimeter of
the beaded oval frame.
The center sentiment is a die cut sticker from EK Success.


This next project was created for the brand new
July Sketch Challenge over at The Craft's Meow.


I had fun playing with the 'Life is a Carnival' set
for this card and it came together so easily.


I love the designer papers from Crate Paper's 'Emma's Shoppe'
and they really made this card come alive.
I paper-pieced the little cotton candy stand with the sweetest
designs from this collection and then all of the background
panels are from corresponding designs.
I love the 'Honeydew' baker's twine which I used as
part of the sketch design and the cotton candy
was accented with teeny-tiny pearls.

I hope you will take some time to play with us over at
The Craft's Meow.  You have until the end of the month
to get your project entered, so check out all the details here.

I am also thrilled that the CARDS magazine blog is
featuring baker's twine for it's challenge this week,
so of course, I will share these cards with Paige there.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you'll leave a quick
comment to let me know you were here.

Before I go....I have one more very special shout out ...


Today is my daughter Mallory's 27th birthday.
I've been reflecting all this past weekend on how
quickly the years have gone by.
She is now a mom herself with 2 of the most amazing
grandsons I could have hoped for and of course, as most
of you know, she is expecting her 3rd son any day now.
I am so proud of all she has accomplished in her family
and her career and know that God has
a wonderful year in store for her.


'Just Married' Project Recipe:
Cardstock:  Bazzill  
Ink: 'Shell' from A Muse Studio  
Embellishments:  'Cappuccino', 'Blossom' & 'Charcoal'
baker's twine by The Twinery, Die Cut Sticker by  EK Success
Tools:  'Beaded Ovals' Die by Spellbinders
'Twizzle' EF by Sizzix
Big Shot, corner rounder punch by Fiskars


'Cotton Candy Cart' Project Recipe:
Designer Paper: 'Emma's Shoppe' by Crate Paper
Stamps: 'Life is a Carnival' by The Craft's Meow
Embellishments:  'Honeydew' baker's twine by The Twinery
Tools: 'Scalloped Circles' & 'Standard Circles' dies by Spellbinders
Big Shot, corner rounder punch by Fiskars
'Scalloped Lace' border punch by Martha Stewart



18 comments:

Stephanie Muzzulin said...

Love both of these and Happy Birthday To your daughter!!!!

Paul B said...

Fabulous card - it's made me think about adding stitching to my next project using Twine instead of embroidery thread - I can always rely on you for terrific inspiration :) Pxx

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love all the dimension the twine adds to the wedding card!

Hannelie said...

Love your card! Happy birthday to your lovely daughter... I have 2(15 and 18) and realize they grow up too fast!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to your Daughter! She is beautiful! And i loveeeeeeeeeeeee the cards!! LOVING the scallops and the twine! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Erum Tasneem said...

love both of your creations!!

Sandy said...

Great cards! Happy Birthday Mallory! (she's lovely)

Amy Kolling said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Happy Birthday to Mallory! I am fond of that cute card with the cotton candy cart! Love those yummy colors!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy birthday, Mal!!! Hope you had a great day--CELEBRATE YOU!! Psalm 118:24

LOVE that first card--just GORGEOUS! I love TT twine too:) YOU ROCK!

StampinCathy said...

Happy Birthday Mallory! Your cards are fabulous and just love how you used the twine. Thanks for the inspiration.

Brandi said...

Love the use of twine in both cards. I never thought of twine as an elegant accent until I saw your Just Married card. It's so lovely! Thanks for the inspiration.

Laurie said...

Julie this is so pretty! I love how you used the twine! Great job my friend!

Laura Pryor said...

I just love how you used twine in both of these projects!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love the wedding card - so elegant and beautiful!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I stopped by to say how much I like your Just Married card on the Cards blog, but I am dying over the cotton candy card. So sweet! (No pun intended, well, maybe a little pun.) ;)

Lindsey said...

Oh, a third boy on the way... busy times! Both of these cards are great, Julie, but I especially love the wedding card -- it has such beautiful soft colours and styling.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Happy Belated Birthday to Mallory! Has the baby come yet?

Love love love your card Julie! What a clever way to use the twine, and paper piecing the image. You go girl!

Hugs,
Lisa

~amy~ said...

Such fab cards Julie!!! Love how you work the Twinery magic:) TCM card is super SWEET!