Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sailing with a 'Splash' of Color



Lots of black and white with just a 'hint' of color
can only mean one thing...


 It's 'Color Splash' week
This week, it's a Player's Choice and you get
to choose your own 'splash'.

Each of our designers featured their splash of
 color using baker's twine from our sponsor...


 The Twinery has THE BEST baker's twine
on the planet!  Of course, you may think me biased as
I am the design team coordinator for them...
but if you want beautiful 100% cotton in very
saturated colors, then you want baker's twine
from The Twinery.



I have loved all the nautical-themed stamps and papers
this summer and thought it would be a good theme for the splash.
I grabbed this fabulous stamp featuring a Webster's Pages
design from Unity for my focal point this week and used
'Caribbean' baker's twine for the sailboat ropes.

We are saying goodbye to one of our fabulous 
designers this week.  Fiona Schultz has finished her term with
us and is moving on to do things in her country
of Australia, focused on family and her creative work.
I know I will miss her and I thank her for all the
inspiration and friendship she has brought to me.
I hope you will pop by her blog and wish her well
and join us this week in The Cafe.

I'll be back tomorrow to share a few photos from
the CHA Show in Chicago.


Project Recipe:
Stamps:  'Celebrate' by Webster's Pages for Unity
Embellishments:  'Caribbean baker's twine by The Twinery, 
Tools:  Embossing Folder by Quickutz, Big Shot


14 comments:

Fiona said...

Love the creative way you incorporated your twine Julie! Thanks for having me at the PDCC and for giving me the opportunity. It has been a 'defining moment' in my life, and I am all the better for having been a part of it, and sharing the last 6 months with you all :)

ThinkInk Creative said...

Oh Wow! What an innovative way to use twine and I've got to say that it definitely adds to the nautical feel of the card.

Great sentiment too - one we need to remind ourselves of constantly.

cheers,
Malyn

Debby said...

Nautical feel - tick, wonderful colour splash - tick, fabulousness - tick! Really ingenious use of the twine. Love it!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I...LOVE...THIS...CARD!!!! The way you have used the twine is so awesome and I love the blue with that sailboat and the layering of your CS. Fab. Hope you are feeling better now. ;)

Vickie Z said...

Wow... Clever and perfect use of the twine!!! Colors are fabulous.

sheila said...

WOW! great use of the twine in this card...and your card looks so cool and fresh!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that twine sail, Julie!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's a great way to use the Caribbean twine, Julie! Very cool, very CAS, very summery.

Lindsey said...

Oh! I love the way you used the twine on the sail, Julie! This card has such a summery, nautical feel to it.

Marlena M. said...

Your background is awesome and I love the way you used that twine on the boat. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Such a calming card...love what you've done with the twine on the sail!!!

Heather Innusa said...

This is so great Julie! Perfect for the challenge! Man, I just love bakers twine SO much! It completes everything in my book! Been sending up prayers for your daughter, hope she's doing good!

Ruby said...

What a great way to use your twine! I LOVE that sentiment, it's SO true!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.

Please let me know. Thanks

My web page - cna classes in richmond va