Thursday, July 7, 2011

Life is a Carnival at The Play Date Cafe


It is so great to be back with you this week for...


Jaclyn Miller, our Color Story Coordinator really found
my soft spot with this beautiful color palette.

I love when a company I represent is also the sponsor
of our challenge and this week, our entire team was
able to play with the fab stamps from....


It was a no-brainer for me to use my
favorite new set from TCM 'Life is a Carnival'


This stamp set has so many CrAzY good possibilities!
When I was a junior in high school, I did my end of the year
term paper on the 'Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus'.
I spent a day or two at the circus' national museum in Florida
and I absorbed everything I could...I was so fascinated.
So any time there is a chance to work with circus, carnival
or county fair stamps, I am thrilled!

I used my favorite inks from A Muse Studio
which gave such a subtle effect...just what I was looking for.


This is what the set looks like and 
I'll let you in on a little secret.....
This is the set you could win if you play along with
us over in The Cafe this week!

So what are you waiting for??
Pop by The Cafe and check out the amazing work from 
our design team and this week's guest using a variety
of stamps from The Craft's Meow.

Thanks for stopping by....
I hope you will leave a note to let me know you were here.
Just like you and your blog, I love to hear from those
who pay a visit and I'd love to thank you, so make sure
you leave a return email for me.


Today's Project Recipe:
Stamps: 'Life is a Carnival' by The Craft's Meow  
Ink:  'Slate' & 'Latte' from A Muse Studio
Tools: Clouds die by Lil' Inkers Designs, Labels One Die by Spellbinders
Big Shot, corner rounder punch by Fiskars

21 comments:

Fiona said...

soft and pretty Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Love your card Julie! The "softer" side of an amusement park :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the clouds! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Helen L said...

Lovely card: I especially like how you added the clouds to the carnival scene!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful card, Julie...you've worked wonders with that sweet stamp set and these gorgeous colors~

Laura Pryor said...

Oh this is so great! The clouds work perfectly with this design!!! Brilliant!

peggy gatto said...

what a pretty card!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute card--love the hint of mint and the highlighted clouds!

Isha Gupta said...

Love the softness of this card Julie. Wish to have this stamp and hope to get time to play...

Tracey said...

Super sweet and cool at the same time LOL! Way to use that stamp set Julie!!! LOVE it!!!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet card, julie! love how soft and pretty this is:)

Donna B. said...

Very pretty! Love your scene and use of the colors!

Lindsey said...

Oh, you're right, Julie, these soft colours are beautiful! I love the clouds and everything else about your card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Julie! Congrats on your DT position!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute...that roller coaster stamp is great :) !!

Marlena M. said...

Amazing how you can marry fun with elegant! ;)

Jen Carter said...

I'm really loving this Cat's Meow set!! Super cute stuff! The image looks great in the frames you cut! very cute!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great card, Julie! LOVE your design and the super, soft and sweet colors!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love a carnival in soft shades! This is very sweet, Julie. :) Hugs to you!

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooooo...LOVE your soft color palette, your layout and those FABULOUS die cut clouds!!! Hmmmm....may have to add some of these goodies to my wish list!! HA!

Paul B said...

As always - a Stupendously, fabulosa, star of a creation. You're so right, this week's colours are just a dream and i love what you've done with them. Fantastic stamp set - you lucky so and so, having a pack to play with :) Thx for leaving a beautiful comment on my blog and I miss you too my friend :) Hope all is well and sunny in your world. Pxxxxx