Thursday, October 20, 2011

Celebrating Our Anniversary in The Cafe!



I am so happy to be sharing this next challenge with you!

It is our 2nd Anniversary over at
 
 

When I started this challenge 2 years ago
with my best friend Sarah, I hoped that 
our challenge would be a little 'hang out' that people
would enjoy visiting.
Here we are, 2 years later and have become one of
the most popular color challenges with players
from all around the world.

I sincerely believe that we have one of the
best design teams around
and from our very first team to now, they deliver
amazing inspiration each week.
Of course, there would be no challenge without players
and that is where YOU come in.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for
your support each week!

We have 3 tremendous sponsors this week who are
providing fantastic prizes and the
GOOD NEWS is we have prizes not only for
our 'Cup of the Week' but for our 'Fab 4' as well.

So if you haven't played before,
this is THE WEEK to play along!


I am in love with Gnomes and this little guy from the
'Gnomies' set by Sweet Stamp Shop is perfect!

I spent my teenage years in the best decade...the 70's!
I collected Gnomes any way I could find them.
I drove a brand spanking new mint-green
Mercury Bobcat with a bumper sticker 
proudly displayed...
'I brake for Gnomes'!!!

So this little guy was perfect for my project!
I decided to make a gigantic (to him) flower and flower pot
using Spellbinders new 'Blossom Tags' & 'Flower Pot' dies.
The DP on the flower is from  
Webster's Pages 'Hollywood Vogue'.
I colored the little guy's suit and beard with Copics.

There is SO much texture on this card...take a closer look...

 

Not only is there texture in each flower as I
embossed each die, but I used a variety of EF's
from Cuttlebug as well.
The flower pot has a 'Honeycomb' texture, the little
guy's hat is 'Swiss Dots' and the card panel itself
is one of my favorites 'Stylized Flowers'
The stamp sentiment is from Layers of Color.

Like I said, we have 3 amazing sponsors this week...
So please come play along!
Join us at The Play Date Cafe....
I'd love to see YOU be one of our winners!


Project Recipe: 
Designer Paper: Hollywood Vogue from Webster's Pages
Stamps:  Gnomies by Sweet Stamp Shop
Honey Sweet by Layers of Color 
Tools:  Blossom Tags & Flowers Pots by Spellbinders, Big Shot,
 Stylized Flowers, Swiss Dots, Honeycombs all by Cuttlebug/Provo Craft
Fiskars corner rounder punch, Copics
Embellishments: Checkerboard brad from Making Memories

7 comments:

Fuchsia said...

Gorgeous card !

Stacy said...

Such a cute card Julie! Love that little guy on the front and all the embossing is fabulous :) Congrats on 2 years!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary Julie! Love the cute little gnome on your card!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super duper cute! LOVE how you made a flower pot! ACK! Clever x2! I love your little gnome too--I was thinking of using the girl gnome...maybe I will create something and post it later this week! Happy 2nd Anniversary PDCC:)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Aw, isn't that the sweetest 'lil' guy!
It's a joy to support and celebrate The Play Date Cafe's anniversary!

Marlena M. said...

What a cute gnomey!!! I love the embossing work. ;)

Sarah Anderson said...

Wow, 2 years! Where did those months go?!!! I fell in love with this set of gnome stamps on your smile blog hop, just love 'em :)