Friday, March 2, 2012

No Greater Love


Happy Friday !

I am so happy you stopped by The Open Window today!
 
The Craft's Meow is having a wonderful blog hop featuring a
a beautiful stamp set for Easter.


If you've come by way of my talented friend
then you are on the right trail to complete the hop.

If not, I would love for you to start at the beginning over at
because YOU could win our fabulous giveaway!

Our beautiful set was designed by  
Nina Brackett of NinaB Designs



The set is called 'No Greater Love' and is absolutely stunning!
The details on the beautiful cross are amazing.

I stamped the cross in Slate ink by A Muse Studio 
on paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.
I love how the vintage ornate look of the paper really enhances
the image. I mounted it behind an oval die cut card.
The sentiment was stamped & edged in 
Aged Mahogany & Old Paper Distress Ink from Ranger.

There were so many ways I thought of embellishing the crown,
but decided to keep it simple with clear rhinestones.


As I mentioned earlier, you can THIS SET if you stop
by each blog on the hop.  There are ONLY TEN BLOGS TO VISIT.
Make sure to leave a comment on each to be entered to win!
You'll have until 9pm PST, Sunday March 4th to hop.

Before I send you on your way to the next blog, I want to remind you
of what an exciting month it is as TCM celebrates

We are celebrating right now over on the  
Come check out how you can win up to a
$100 Shopping Spree!!

It's time to send you on your way to our
newest design team member, my friend

Don't forget to leave a comment before you head on
because I would love to see YOU win!!


Project Recipe: 

Patterned Paper: Saturdays by Little Yellow Bicycle
Stamps:  No Greater Love from The Craft's Meow  
Ink: Slate from A Muse Studio
Aged Mahogany & Old Paper Distress Ink by from Ranger 
Embellishments: rhinestones from Recollections

32 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful elegance. Love the splash of color and oval frame!

rlovew said...

Lovely card- the papers you choose show of the stamp well.

Miesje said...

Very, very pretty! Love it.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the slate on cream and also those corner elements, so elegant!

Luanne said...

wow! very elegant card. the red really pops out.

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Oh I love how you framed the image! Fantastic design.

Ivana Camdzic said...

I love this card, Julie!!!! Love your choice of the clear rhinestones on the crown - simply stunning!

Rosemary said...

lovely card...

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! I love the frame you made with those corners and the colors you used are perfect!

sharon g said...

I like your different take on the colors. Very classy.

Rose said...

girl i LOVE how you matted this and used the corner stamps!!
looks like something to be framed and left out all year :)

B. Poteraj said...

For some reason the beautiful scrolly things in the corners stand out to me. I LOVE them.

Natasha G.P. said...

Nice subtle bling. Pretty.

Micah G. said...

The red looks great with the neutrals. Nice eye.

Unknown said...

Oh so E L E G A N T! Love the colors you chose, LOVE it!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

silverkis said...

I love how it's kinda understated in a way, but really fabulous!!! I love the slate color that you've used, and the clear rhinestones are perfect!

Sue D said...

Beautiful! I like the subtle color combination.

Venus said...

Love the new stamps, it looks grungy yet pretty - like a tattoo! Happy Birthday The Craft's Meow!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julie! Love the splash of red!

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE the card!! The colors and the details!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Sandy said...

Julie - I hope you won't mind if I lift this card - it is fabulous! I LOVE it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh - this is so elegant - LOVE your use of colour!!
Blessings
Maxine

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the subtle tones with a pop of crimson.

FrancineB said...

Fabulous card. Love the frame with the scrolled corners.

wintam said...

what a unique twist for the same stamp set... love it!

Anita said...

This is so elegant Julie, love it.

Becky said...

This is stunning..

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Amazing easter card. I love it

Sue Bridges said...

This has a fantastic look! I really love it! Great look!

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous Julie...really love the color combo!!

farmlifewife said...

Love the vintage look. Very well done!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Beautiful card Julie! I'm looking forward to working along side you and the other talented ladies in the Craft's Meow Design Team!