Monday, March 12, 2012

May the Force be With You


It's the start of a new week and that's means ....


If you've come by way of the
you are in the right place to get started.

If not, it's just one stop back to get on the right
track to be eligible for this week's prize.

Today is my oldest grandson CJ's 9th birthday and he
loves Legos & Star Wars, so imagine how excited I got
when I learned that EAD has a set created for just such an occasion!


Sunday was CJ's party and he seemed quite happy to get a handmade card from
Mema Julie.
He loves to make art himself and is such a creative guy.

The paper is from Echo Park's This & That collection called 'Charming'.
I used two different designs for my background and punched both with
the Radiant Circles punch from EK Success.
I used Lemondrop baker's twine from The Twinery for the seam
and layered the 'Galaxy Warriors' & 'Birthday Sentiments' Stickerz 


Here are the sets I used today...

Galaxy Warriors

Birthday Sentiments


Before I send you on your way, I'd like to share a few 
of the party photos with you.


CJ loves to roller skate, so we spent the afternoon at Skateland.



One of the many, MANY Lego Star Wars sets he has now added
to his collection.


Saving the best....for last!

So glad you came by today.
I'd love to see YOU win our prize this week, so make
sure you hop along, leave a comment on each designer's blog
and enjoy!

Time to head over to our March Guest Designer's blog


Project Recipe: 
Cardstock:  American Crafts
Patterned Paper:  Charming by Echo Park
Embellishments:  Lemondrop baker's twine from The Twinery
Galaxy Warriors, Birthday Sentiments Stickerz by EAD Designs
Ink: Old Paper Distress by Ranger
Tools:  Radiant Circles by EK Success

11 comments:

jessica said...

Awesome birthday card!! I have 2 huge Star Wars/Lego fans also and I just love these stickerz!!
TFS and happy birthday to CJ! He sure is a cutie!!

Jenny said...

Great job! What a fun birthday-Rollerskating! I love the colors you used and the twine on the seam is a nice touch. ;)

Jenny

Danielle said...

I love to skate too! Your card is great!!! Those Star Wars stickers are cute!

Candace said...

how did I ever miss these star wars stickerz??? my nephew is obsessed with star wars!!! great card!!

Sue D said...

Great birthday card! I like the papers and the star brad.

Anita said...

Love the card Julie and he sure is a cutie pie.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy birthday to CJ!!! Looks like he had a great time! LOVE his bday card--super fun!

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN birthday card and such a sweet boy!

Shellye McDaniel said...

perfect card for your sweet birthday grandson :) love your CAS style!

Rose said...

super duper cute card! and CJ is such a cutie pie :)

Marlena M. said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to CJ! Such a fun card!