Wednesday, July 25, 2012

'Bringing Out the Old' Again!


Surprise!

Believe it or not, I am posting just because....

Actually, I've been thinking alot lately about something
I read over on Facebook last week and decided I would
challenge myself based on the comments that were made.

The comment that was made had to do with the fact that
so many people seemed frustrated with the 'box' they
felt locked into when it comes to using the
'latest & most popular' products on the market.
The idea of using only the trendiest colors or the
best-selling collections...and many of those comments
came because, to be considered for publication
in paper-crafting magazines, you need to be able to
use products that are current.

As someone who has been in retail marketing for 30+ years,
I totally understand it.  As someone who has the privilege to
serve on design teams who expect us to use the most current
products, I get it.

We seem to all have that common 'problem'...we buy the
current best-selling products, but typically, we buy so much
(or are given so much) that we never use it up
and the next thing we know, we are considered
'hoarders' by well-meaning friends or family because we
have SO MUCH STUFF !!  LOL

Back in 2010, I started something I called
'BOO' which stood for
'Bringing Out the Old'
You can read the first time I posted about it HERE
It was a New Year's Resolution...of sorts.
Every time I accomplished it, I posted about it.
 
I said all this to say, that I decided it was time to get back
to challenging myself to do something I did when I first 
started blogging and that was to use products that have
been in my stash, even if that means 'mixing brands' !
The idea is to have fun & create . . .
I know that is why I personally started blogging.


This collection from Simple Stories is such a fun one.
Not been in my stash all that long . . . but I've been using
it alot lately to make cards, so I'll have more to share soon.
It was such an easy card to make because all I added was the
'pearly' door know and Stardust Stickles to make my cloud all shiny.

The alpha & tiny words stickers are all a part of the same collection.


What I am happy to share is that this entire collection came from
an order from . . .


Every day, there are new deals that are out of this world !
They carry the newest collections at a MAJOR DISCOUNT
and of course, have some of your favorites in stock as well.

I hope you'll stop by and check them out.
Make sure you sign up for the newsletter as well because
they send out ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS nearly every day.

Okeedokee . . . that's it from me.

I hope you'll plan to join me on Thursday as we say
farewell to four of our designers over at
The Play Date Cafe.  It will be a very special post indeed.


Project Recipe:
Patterned Paper & Die Cuts: 100 Days of Summer by Simple Stories
Embellishments: pearls by Recollections
Starburst Stickles by Ranger from Blitsy

6 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

I LOVE your BOO idea Julie! I just adore digging through my stash and discovering old treasures and giving them a new life on a card. This card is wonderful, bright and really sweet!!! I'm so happy to be able to work with you again on another Design Team! :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love to be home so your card really speaks to me. So interesting about the product issue. Glad to see you BOO idea!

Donna B. said...

Love this card Julie!! I need to BOO more often. I read that discussion and it was very interesting.

Scrappin Abby said...

Great post Julie!! I know I personally struggle with this same type of thing..trying to make sure I have the latest/greatest BUT I also love to craft with vintage items & things I pick up while junkin so I do a mix of both : )
Love the BOO idea as well..and I certainly have quite the hoard myself!! Speaking of...when are you gonna post more stuff for sale..haha : )

~amy~ said...

awesome card!

Love the BOO:)

Lindsey said...

What a sweet card! Fortunately (I guess) for me, I don't buy a lot of new stuff, so I revisit my old stuff all the time! :P