Thursday, October 13, 2011

Boo!



I couldn't wait to break out of one of my favorite 
new collections for the Halloween season
from My Mind's Eye, so thank you to Jax, 
our color story coordinator over at


I love this color story!
{ well, when don't I? }


The color combination could have taken me in
a variety of directions, but when I saw this image
in the new 6x6 pad 'Mischevous' from MME,
decision made!

This was such an easy card to make because it was
a matter of layering the polka dot paper and wrapping
it in my favorite baker's twine from The Twinery.

I love using my Distrezz-it-All from Zutter and yes,
I do use it for the smallest jobs like card-making
even though it can also distress chipboard.
SRM Designs provides the beautiful 'sticker' sentiments.

This week, our Cup of the Week winner will receive
a fabulous shopping spree from


so make sure you pop by The Cafe
and check out all the amazing designs from 
our design team and then....play!


Before I go....




This is a VERY close up shot of the tree in
front of our home.  The colors are so close to
our challenge colors, I thought it was a good time
to share it.  The 'stormy'-looking sky is exactly
that...just 10 minutes after I snapped this photo
tonight, it poured.
My goal with such a close-up shot was to get the
tiny finch nest.  I don't have a fancy camera...in fact,
it's an eight-year old Kodak with limited capabilities,
but it gets me through each post and didn't fail me
when I wanted to capture the memory of this tiny
nest, which will be home to a new family next spring.



Project Recipe: 
Designer Paper: 'Mischevous' by My Mind's Eye 
Embellishments: Bakers Twine in 'Stone' from The Twinery
Sticker Sentiments from SRM
Tools:  Disstrezz-it-All by Zutter

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this Julie! I love love love love the witch and those pumpkins! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute card Julie...love this Halloween collection from MME!!!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Great design--the muted tones and texture are so fun!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a fab card--so glad you could join in the fun this week! You've had a busy week too--so it's fun to see what you shared! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that new paper line--love the twine...and those little pumpkins are just TOOOOO cute! LOVE your take on this color story. That pic of the tree in your front yard---matches the color story! Not sure I like the stormy sky---but cool photo (even if it's from an old camera! It works!!). Lots of love!!! <3

Lindsey said...

That is very cool how nicely your photo ties in with this week's colours! Your card is awesome -- isn't it great when patterned paper turns into an awesome card design?

Grace said...

Hi Julie! Love love love your cute halloween card... the dp is wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. The song that is #1 on my blog has meant so much to me I just had to add it to the play list. I'm glad it was a blessing to you too and I'm saying a prayer for your DMIL! I know how hard it is to be so far away! Sending hugs,
Grace

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I love this card!!! Fabulous!!!!

Donna B. said...

Super cute shabby Halloween card!! It so fun - I love it!!

Stacy said...

Super cute Halloween card! I love this line :)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Love your little Halloween scene!