Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pure Inspiration...



So glad to be back again with a project that,
quite frankly, made me giggle all the way through it!
Is this not one of the cutest 
owls you've seen lately?

This is a card I created to enter my very first
challenge over at....


My dear friends, Savvy O'Gwynn & Emily Leiphart
were just named to the design team and I
am all too happy to support them.

What I love about 'inspiration' challenges is that
you get to interpret what you see...there isn't a
specific color, subject, sketch...
just whatever gets your creative juices to flow
based on what you see.
This is what I saw....

This is what I made....


This fun owl is from the 'Chubby Chums' set
I had a very dear friend gift me with a 
$100 gift card from JoAnn's, so I loaded up on
the newest Sizzix/BasicGrey dies & EFs and this
is one of them.

It's a bit difficult to read, but if you click on the
photo, you will get a close up shot and I love
the quote at the top & bottom of the paper.

''Look at me, am I not beautiful with my new wings?"

The beautiful DP & flower is Prima
and I KNOW you know the baker's twine is
from my favorite place, The Twinery.

So glad you were able to pop by.
Hope you will take a sec to say hello...
and I'll see you again soon!

Project Recipe: 
Designer Paper: 'Sparkling Spring' from Prima
Ink:  'Pear Tart, Angel Pink & Tuxedo Black' by Memento
Tools:  Retro Flower Vine EF by Sizzix, Big Shot,
Embellishments:  Baker's twine in 'Honeydew' from The Twinery,
flower by Prima

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo cute!! Loving that owl! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Lara said...

I just love your paper pieced owl Julie. Too cute.

Jen W. said...

Yes, that most definitely is one of the cutest owls I have ever seen! That embossed background is fabulous too and I love how you added the twine to the stems. :)

Lisa Elton said...

ADORABLE Julie! This little owl is a sweetie for sure and the embossed background looks super with the bits of color. Have a great weekend!!!

Fuchsia said...

really cute MY SIL would love this she collects Owls x

Lisa Petrella said...

Julie, this is an absolutely DARLING interpretation of the inspiration photo!!! LOVE that super sweet paper pieced owl, the embossing and the quote in the background!!!

I received my Twinery prize and just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! It's AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to get into my studio and get crafty with it!!!!

Lindsey said...

That owl is amazing! What you can do with paper-piecing is incredible, Julie. Wonderful card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO cute! Love the piecing, the pretty flower, and your textured background is awesome! Darling card, my friend!

Ann Butler said...

This is so very cute!

Karen M said...

Your card is totally gorgeous and that is definatly the cutest owl ever:) x x

Lizscraps said...

gorgeous card Julie, and love how you made the one flow echo the one polka dotted item it in the snap. It caught my eye there and on your card.

Meg said...

Yes, that owl IS adorable! Love that you found the perfect coordinating pattern for him, too! The twine you gave him to sit on is just too cute.

Linda Beeson said...

This is seriously CUTE! Great job on the SPARKS challenge.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! I love the way you paper pieced the owl and the twine through the branches of the embossing folder looks amazing. Thanks so much for finding the time to play along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Marie said...

This is so cute! I love the soft looking textures on your card =) TFS!

*Alison* said...

this is simply stunning.. love the embossing, and the cute way of using your twine.. :) hugs

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Julie:) I didn't know you had some PS stamps! You go!

LOVE that flower--gorgeous papers! And I LOVE your embossing and the use of twine....oh my! Beautiful paper pieced owl...LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!! You rock:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)