Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good Morning...


Veering off from a tutorial for the moment....

This is the setting on my 80 year old dresser that greets me every morning.

These are a few of my favorite things

The plate...my husband and I used it to dine on fabulous handmade chocolate-covered strawberries this past Valentines Day. Did I mention that it was our hands that made them?

This silver bowl and giant gem are just great finds...I have a smaller gem next to the giant one.

The lovely circular dresser scarf was crocheted by my aunt who shares my first name...I love dresser scarves & doilies, don't you?

Oh....Even though you can't see it in this photo, behind the plate is a beautiful Tiffany-style lamp that has a lovely pewter base. I won that for participating in a radio contest. We had to drive all the way to Chicago to get it, but it was worth the trip. I use it as a nightlight in the evening. It's quite lovely.

The kinda tacky looking silk flowers in a basket? Well, they are my very favorite. The basket of flowers was a gift from my dad on the day I opened my first store back in 1998. He thought it was the prettiest bouquet I received that day, and there were a lot of them. He is no longer here, but that beautiful basket of flowers will be.

1 comment:

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Julie, Nice blog! Great to meet you in Blogland :-)

Kate