Saturday, June 20, 2009

What is this 'blog thing' anyway? Tutorial


I got to thinking that there may be some of you out there who have never visited a blog until now.

First of all....welcome to my blog! I love it here and I hope you will visit again and again.

In case you're not sure what to do, first I would say, "Have a look around". Scan the page you are on from top to bottom.

Then, take a look over at the left hand side. You will find all sorts of information. That's where the archives of my past posts can be found as well as the other blogs that I personally follow.

My hope is you will become a 'follower'. Now if that sounds like some kind of spooky commitment, believe me, it's anything but! When you log on as a follower to anyone's blog, it's a sign that you are interested in hearing more of what the blog owner has to say. Now, I am not saying for one minute that I am all that interesting, but I can tell you, I know how to hook up with 'interesting people'. The more followers who sign on, the sooner we can start our rubber stamping and paper arts workshops.

All you do is go back to the left side of the page, scroll down until you see 'Follow me for Great Fun' and click. Make sure you check the box that says you are publicly following me. Anyone who follows privately will not show up as a follower on the list....in fact, I won't even know you are there. I need to know you are there! And one more thing....as projects and other 'missives' are published, I would so love if you would leave me a comment. Just click on the 'comments' prompt at the end of the post you like ( or dislike, I suppose ) and leave your comment there.

Hope this has been a bit helpful. The first blog I ever 'followed' was my friend Sarah's. She's all the way over in England. With the 6 hour time difference, it wasn't easy waiting for answers to all my questions. You can follow Sarah's blog, too! Scroll down at the left for 'Blogs I love' and find 'The Art of Moodling'. She is soooo talented and she loves followers as much as I do!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

that little blue flower really pops against the yellow background! you do such a nice job, Julie, walking your readers through the how-to's! thanks :)