Friday, June 19, 2009

What Makes You Smile?


I love a good thunderstorm, don't you? Last night, I fell asleep to one. This morning, I awoke to another one. I ran errands in a third one, and as I write this message, I cannot see the barn or the church from my window because a fourth storm is rolling through. This one is the worst of the day. I believe the winds are up near 60 mph at times. But even with all of the rain, it still makes me smile.

Tomorrow I am attending a 'Stampin' Up' get-together. I haven't done that in years, but I am looking forward to getting together with some former customers of my store who have since become friends. Of course, I will take a little money in my pocket...just in case. Rubber stamps still make me smile. It seems like the sky's the limit when it comes to what you can do with them. This card was made with 'Stampin' Up' stamps. My favorite thing to do is embellish my cards and projects with ribbon. Ribbon really makes me smile. Long before I had ever heard of the hobby of rubber stamping, I created handmade greetings made mostly of watercolor paper and ribbon...lots of ribbon. I am gravitating back to those days.....

What makes you smile? I would love to know.....

No comments: