Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Cup of Coffee for the Color Throwdown










Couple of offerings for this week's Color Throwdown. As I have been leaning towards fall colors lately, this was a perfect challenge for me, but I was stumped for the theme.

The coffee card clearly has the 'argyle-style'. The background was a repeat pattern I stamped with a Studio G stamp. I used Colorbox Chalk Ink. The coffee cup and verse are from The Paper Company and the ribbon is KI Memories. I love when I can find things that coordinate, so I really got lucky here.

The fall card is one I have done before, but the colors seemed just so right for this challenge, so I wanted to include it so you can see that the sky's the limit with color challenges.

Again I used a Studio G stamp for the focal point, SEI paper and Spellbinder Die Cut leaves were created using 'the bug'.

So how has your day been? I have felt a tad under the weather today, which is sad because it was a beautiful day. Tomorrow promises fairly severe thunderstorms followed by temps near 100 over the weekend, so the mild weather is on it's way out....for now.

I hope to get a post off to you again later this evening, but if I don't, know that I am getting some much needed rest. I would like to spend some fabulous time with you this weekend, when our blogs tend to be quieter, so I am gearing up for that!

14 comments:

Elise said...

Both of your cards are WONDERFUL and I can't agree more about the joy of fall colors right about now! You commanded those colors and images: great job! I hope you feel better soon!

LeAnne said...

Wow, these are really awesome cards, I love what you have done with these colors! That tree is wonderful. Hope you're feeling better, too!
LeAnne

Beedeebabee said...

Two Beautiful cards Julie! Love your designs!
I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending a big hug, Paulette :o)

Crystal said...

Both of these are GREAT!!! You worked these colors..tough color combo and you did AWESOME with these!!! Fab cards, tfs!

Daniella said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!! I really enjoy visiting yours too!! I love checking out other people's challenges that they follow.

I will visit again!!

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards. Hope you're able to get some rest. Take care!

Darlene said...

These cards are both fantastic!! LOVE the fall flare and your layouts! BTW ... your blog is awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me the opportunity to pop on over to yours! What fun!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great designs! That fall tree is adorable! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Christina said...

These are fabulous! Great job on the color throwdown!

Carol L said...

I absolutely LOVE how you created the argyle background on the first card, and to know you did that with G studio stamps makes it even more fabulous! I love how the mug and ribbons all tie in together with the argyle theme and CTD! The 2nd card is every bit as unique and pretty as the first....way to rock the challenge! You have a great blog here BTW!
Carol

Sylvia said...

I love both cards. The colors do speak well of fall don't they? Thanks for playing. Keep making wonderful cards.

Petra said...

I looked at your blog. You are making very lovely things

suzARTe said...

these cards are fantastic, love the colours, images and the overall designs are awesome

dpkennedy said...

These are adorable! I love the leaves on your fall card and the argyle is great on the coffee cup! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!