Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Here's Something Completely Different!

Glad to share with you a new project using one of the newest sets from Artful INKables. If you are new to my blog,
I am a Design Team Member for AI and each Wednesday
(and many days in between) you will get to see
something new from this fabulous company.
For this project, I used stamps from the 'Steampunk Sarah' set. Now if you look at the complete set over at AI, you would see that for the foreground, I used the airplane propeller.
I did that to remind everyone that there are many more ways to use our stamps than the intended design.
They could be 'spinning' propellers or flowers.
I love the verse on the front, too!
A few layers of cardstock builds up your card to add dimension. I added some striped ribbon, brads and rhinestones for even a little more of that dimensional effect, and that's it!
I hope you will head on over to the Artful INKables blog and check out some of the other projects there. The DT have been working on new samples to whet your appetite.
And don't forget the 'Think INK Tuesday' challenges. You still have time to get your creation entered!

I'll be back later with the Wednesday Night Favorites
and some updates on the homefront.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

WOW! I love how you thought outside the box with this one! Great use of some of the smaller elements in this set.

Jackie said...

This is totally adorable! I love the colors and how you used that great stamp set!

CFLanger said...

LOVE all the dimension on this card!

Holly aka Toy said...

Love that you 'think outside the box' Julie! Adore the colors, too :) Keep on rockin, girl!

Crystal said...

ooo Julie this looks amazing!!! Fantastic card! Great colors, so pretty!

Lisa Lara said...

Very clever Julie. I would never know that was a propellor. Great way to show the versatility of this set.

Beedeebabee said...

Very Cute idea Julie! It's a great card for a girl or a guy. Love the colors! Hugs, Paulette