Thursday, September 16, 2010

In Love with Doodles & Daters & Paperbag Studios



I am so glad to be back on my blog this week.
Things get so busy from day to day, don't they?
I have a very busy few days ahead and the good news
is I will be sharing it all with you...so stay tuned!

I have been really excited about this week's
Play Date Cafe Challenge...from every possible angle.

First....I love the inspiration photo...


I also love the fun, vibrant colors that came from 
Sarah's 'color story'.


I took a few liberties with my green shades, but all in all,
I stayed as close to the colors required by my dear friend.
This card is made up of a variety of papers and cardstocks
in really random themes...and it was all paper-pieced.
There were six different rubber stamps used.
Which brings me to the final thing about this week's
challenge that I love...our new sponsor!


Paperbag Studios is easily one of my
newest favorite companies and the stamps we
used were a perfect fit for these colors.


This set is called 'Doodles & Daters'
and is so dang versatile.
Don't believe me? 
Just head on over to The Play Date Cafe
and check out what the
World's Best Design Team
have to offer for inspiration.
We also welcome Roben-Marie Smith, owner
and designer of Paperbag Studios as
this week's Guest Designer.


17 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun card, love all the paper piecing and the heart image peeking from behind the house.

Michele Gross said...

Wow!
This is sooo dang cool! :) Awesome card Julie!
I love the colors and I'm going to have to check out this stamp site!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I have this stamp set on order. Can't wiat to play.

Zue said...

Hi Julie
I love your card it is full of interest and inspiration to us all!
I can't wait to get started. DO we have to use the stamps, or is any other subject OK. I really like the stamps but do not yet possess them.
Thanks Suexx

Suzanne C said...

Great mix of the stamps and colors. The flowers with the heart and home are all beuatiful. Lovley card!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the mix of colors and elements! Great colors to work with too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super, diverse design, Julie! Love all those different papers, mix of elements and color all on one card. A feast for the eyes!

Ruby said...

Wow! I LOVE your card SO much! It's beautiful. If you get sick of it let me know, it would look great in my studio!!! This has now moved up to the top of my list as my favourite one of yours! The trouble is there are so many fab ones to choose from!

ps - no parcel yet, but I will let you know when it arrives!

peggy gatto said...

this is just delightful!

StampinCathy said...

Love this card. Great take on this color challenge. Very inspiring.

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous paper piecing - and I love the house tag especially :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun & artsy card Julie! Great way to mix up those bright colors!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Love the combinations of curvalinear lines, the addition of print and splashes of red. Artsy to the 10th power!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Julie! This turned out so awesome! I still love that heart--my fav! I love how your house tag turned out:) SUPER cute ribbon! LOVE those flowers too!! EVERYTHING is just right--I love love love it:) LOVE IT!

Ann said...

This is SO fun! Great color combo, too...can't wait to play along!

Zue said...

I realised that we did not have to use the stamps, but they are beautiful and I want them. The projects this week by the designers are fantastic and inspiring as ever. It is nice too, to have Roben-Marie here , she is another one of my favourite designers.

Best wishes
Sue xx

Barbara said...

This is such a great card! I love the text in the background and the colours are wonderful!
:-)