Monday, September 6, 2010

Screaming Color!


For H{ippity} Hop Monday, just click here



Before I share the rest of this little project I have got
to share what's been happening since I got my new laptop.

Skype!

Need I say more?????

It began with a simple cross-town chat with my daughter
who then proceeded to Skype me each time one of my
grandsons came in the door so they could give it a try.
How fun!

Then, I was able to spend some time with my team mate
over the weekend.  We quickly decided to conduct our
own 'personal' play dates via Skype.
 All in the name of creativity, right?!

Then today, my bestie Sarah, who most of you know
is from the UK and is my PDCC partner made her
very first Skype connection....with me!
So I am pretty sure there is no stopping us now!


I had a lot of fun putting the elements together for this
spooky little scene.  My friend Michele at Studio MSG
is a designer over at the DeNami Designs and is the host
for the current challenge, which happens to a color challenge.

I love a good 'color splash' and this one
ScReaMeD HalloweeN !!!!!
(get it.....?)


I purchased a new stamp set from Martha Stewart
that I loved SO much, I paid full price!
I put it to work immediately and came up with this
simply layered design.
You may recognize the border as a 'Martha' as well.
It was really fun once I started adding the bits of
'bling'
to the chandelier, the chair and the spider's line.

(bad photo...but it really sparkles.....)
Always happy to support new challenges and I can't
resist a good 'color challenge'!

I also know that Paige is asking for 100% stamped
cards this week over at the CARDS blog.
This one sure qualifies, so I am going to give this
a go over there as well.

I was wondering...
(since you're here and you were going to leave a comment anyway, right?)

What are your favorite colors to use for Halloween projects?
Do you still kinda like the black and orange look?
Or how about something with deep purple?

Sure appreciate you taking a moment to share!


22 comments:

Candi Billman said...

love this card!!!!!!!!!! i need that punch :)
i love adding colors to Halloween besides just black and orange....purple is one of them!!!

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! This is one amazing and inspiring Halloween card. I just love the stmaps and your take on this challenge.

Poeticgarden.com said...

love it all, love love love! I could go in to detail but just sayiNg "LoviNg eveRytHiNg about this" pretty much suMs it up ~lol

Michele Gross said...

Yikes! This is wicked cool!! I LOVE that scallop cobweb border and the bling is awesome! Way to rock those colors and so glad you played with us at the DeNami Design challenge :)

Michele Gross said...

Oh, I forgot about the question! I like black with orange, lime green and a good purple for my halloween projects :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super rad card!!!! I also love the color combo that Michele chose!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's a wicked card Julie Ranae! The colors are a bit unconventional but they really work! You've got frightful elements and well executed plans. MMwwwahhhhhhhhhhahahahah.
(I still like orange, black, dark purple, lime green and a tad of yellow - very conventional).

Hugs!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT---this card is SOOOOOOOO FAB! I never EVER would have put this color combo together for HALLOWEEN! And those images--so fun fun fun! LOVE IT! Love this card--it is one of my FAVS!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

Also--just wanted to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Skype;) I'm addicted! Calling you soon:)

Angela said...

Your card is AWESOME! I love the fact that you used these colors even though they are not the typical Halloween colors! I just love everything about this card! Great job!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along with our DeNami color challenge! Good luck! :)

-JoAnn:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous card! I love how you incorporated the fun DeNami color scheme into a Halloween card. Very unique! Personally, I think it's more fun to use "non-traditional" colors for occasions, such as Halloween.
Oh, and by the way... I LOVE Skype too! I use it all the time. It's so fun to be able to "see" people while you talk to them, even though they might be miles and miles away!
Thanks so much for playing with us for the DeNami Design challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

loving this colour combi for a Halloween card...wonderful design.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Julie,

We don't celebrate Halloween here in the Netherlands, but I always love to watch the cards that you made! I'm not very into yellow myself, purple would be great, kinda more darky, but I also totally love this card that you made here! What a fantastic and scary scene! the spider alone is scary to me, I hate spiders, ha ha!! Very original card!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Jaclyn Miller said...

This card is totally ROCKIN'! I love how you created such a creepy scene with pink.

I don't make many Halloween cards but when I do, I like to stick to Black/Orange and a bit of lime green.

Jenny said...

This is an amazing card! I love all the elements of it! Thanks for playing in the DeNami Challenge with us!

Sarah Anderson said...

How we will ever get any work done now I just don't know lol LoVe, LoVe, LoVe this card, the colours are fab together, and that chandelier is just AcE!! Loving the bling :)

Anne Jagger said...

Lovely Card Julie.
I like black and orange AND purple all together.

1CardCreator said...

I usually do orange, I'm planning to explore using purple, you have inspired me to give it a try. Love this card and the bling on the candelabra is awesome! ~Diane

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty Halloween card Julie! I am so inspired to play along! I like to mix all my colors up :)

Paulina said...

Oh goodness, this card is just too cute! I love the chandelier, and those spiders are pretty awesome too. ;)

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami color challenge! We hope you can play with us again in the future!

Unknown said...

Never knew these colors could look so good on a Halloween Card - FABULOUS job using the colors!!
My go to Halloween colors right now are = black, purple, orange & lime.

Lisa Petrella said...

What a wickedly fantastic scene you've created on this card! I love the web border and all of those graphic images! FUN!