Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane


To join me for 'Growing in Unity'
scroll down or click here


It is my turn to host the challenge over at 


I think it's really 'brave' to decorate in this bold design.  
Granted, back in the 90's, I happily painted 3 walls of my 
dining room hunter green and one wall merlot..  I even did my
living room with the bold shade of 'goldfish'
by Martha Stewart.  One wall only!
So I get it.
The question is....
are you willing to go outside the box?


I used great papers from Graphic45 (the dark blue),
Stampin' Up (the polka dot green) and American Crafts (silver).
I put my Distrezz-it-all from Zutter (my fave tool at the moment)
to good use on the edges of each layer.

How fun are these stamp images!?!


This week's sponsor is
 and I had a blast playing with them.

You could win over $60 
in rubber stamps!

Pop on over to The Play Date Cafe
and see what 'the world's best design team'
has done to inspire you to play.


17 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun paper piecing, love those patterned tree images and all the distressing. Hope you enjoy your special day on Friday!

Helen said...

Beautiful inspiration this week, love that kitchen! Those trees look amazing.

Janna Werner said...

Your card is great, although the colours would not have been my first choice. On your card go very well together.

Janna

Janna Werner said...

*they :)

Suzanne C said...

What a fun card! Love the houses you selected! Great color selection this week! Can't wait to see what people cook up with those fun colors!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super inspiration Julie, love what you made with those adorable stamps! Great distressing and wonderful, colorful layers...love it all!

Kelly said...

beautiful, again, it was great how you used those images, especially pretty paper piecing on the trees! gorgeous!

StampinCathy said...

This is just one gorgeous and inspiring card. Love the colors and how you used the stamps.

peggy gatto said...

this works beautifully together, love the details!

~Tammy~ said...

Another beautiful inspirational piece for the PDCC! You set the bar high Miss Julie!

Lillian Child said...

I absolutely ADORE this card - those colors - WOW ! Just fabulous, Julie!

Majo said...

What a wonderful creation! As always!

Regina said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea - you are just so clever!

Sue Lelli said...

Truly an inspiration! LOVE these colors and your design and sentiment is so CLEVER!

just me and z said...

LOVE those colors! Great job!

Lavender Rose said...

I love the way you have used the papers and stamps, wonderful colours.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! I love this card---I LOVE LOVE LOVE those trees and the houses:) SO CUTE! You are smoking hot this week! So many fabulous creations:) JUST LOVE visiting here! Great job!