Thursday, September 23, 2010

Right Where I Should Be...Growing in Unity



I have to admit, this is one of my
all-time favorite sentiments from Unity Stamps.
I received this set as a birthday gift from my
dear friend and fellow PDCC designer,
It's a bittersweet week for me as I was supposed
to be celebrating my 50th birthday (this Friday)
with her and her sweet husband this coming
weekend...but scheduling just wouldn't allow it.
But for now, she and I both believe the above quote.

This is already Day Four of hosting 'Growing in Unity'.

This week has flown by so quickly, but I have enjoyed
every single minute of creating and sharing with you.
At the end of this post, don't forget to leave a comment
to be eligible to win a set of Unity stamps.  
You must leave a comment on each GIU post
which began on Monday and will go through Friday.


This set is called 'Where You Are'.
The stamp images in this collection are really large and substantial.
I love the elements of nature and enjoyed using subtle shades
from Memento and Ranger to achieve the various greens.
The sky shades were done with VersaMagic and
Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

While I worked on this project, I continued to layer
the soft tree branches to give the idea of being 
alone in the wilderness ... knowing that
in that moment, I am right where I should be.

Well....one more day of 'Growing in Unity'
and a special day for me as I reach the milestone of
50 years old.
I hope you will plan to stop back on Friday, say hello
and check out my next project...see you then!


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, your work is beautiful.

Tracy Evans said...

Happy 50th Birthday Julie, hope you have a fantastic time. Love your card and the sentiment is fantastic and so are those branches. Have a lovely day, Tracy Evans x

Katrina Hunt said...

I LOVE this saying.....it's on my wish list!!!! And I love how you made the bird red! Hugs, Katrina

Anonymous said...

Love it, absolutely. It has been wonderful to see your creations this week. keep up the good work. And Happy 50th. I turn 49 on Sunday, no, really, 49. lol
Thanks

stampjourney said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day! And your card is so beautiful--I love that sentiment and need to remember it more often.

Unity Stamp Company said...

You are doing a FABULOUS Growing in Unity Week! Your BEAUTIFULLY Talented! Thank you so much for representing Unity. Hope you are having a TON OF FUN! Thank you so very much!

Kelly said...

I must tell you, I didn't pay much attention to this stamp set when I saw it on the Unity site, but it is fabulous on your card, I love the layering of the trees with different shades of green, love the sentiment, but that red bird just absolutely makes the card! I love your work - and I think it is going to make me reevaluate putting that set on my wish list!
Kelly

Anne Jagger said...

I love that sentiment and your card is gorgeous.

StampinCathy said...

WOW! Love this kit and your card is awesome and super inspiring. Happy Birthday Eve! Hope you have a fabulous day and tomorrow is even more fabulous my friend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Early Birthday Julie! This card is darling! Thanks for sharing the sweet story :)

~Tammy~ said...

This is such a beautiful card! Sorry things didn't work out like you wanted, but we never know why things were meant to work out the way they do. Keep inspiring! Really love this!

foursenuff said...

awesome card!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I loooooooooooove this card--I just love the way you made that bird pop and those leaves/branches all around the card! GET OUT! LOVE IT! I love that sentiment too:) YOU ROCK! I'm sorry that we couldn't celebrate together--no worries....we can celebrate your 50 and 87 day of your life:) Or 51 or 52 or whenever! WE can always celebrate on Skype too! God is making a way:)

ps...before I forget--you have really done a fabulous job with GIU this week! I cannot wait to see what you do tomorrow:) HAPPY Birthday EARLY!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it:)

Gwen said...

This card is so, so beautiful!! Wow!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Julie,

What a wonderful card and love the way you shaped the sentiment, makes it even more an eyecatcher! congratulations on your bday and too bad you weren't able to get to meet Savannah this week, but I'm sure you'll finf a way later! All the best!

Hugs, Wendy

Lillian Child said...

That red bird on your card - fabulous addition - really MAKES this card, which is just lovely!

Carol said...

Happy 50th Birthday! Welcome to the club!

Love that saying too, and your card is so pretty.

Carol B

Janet's Joy said...

Happy Birthday! Love that quote.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I too had a b-day earlier this week, not a milestone though. My DH has that milestone on 10-10-10 this year.

Your card is fabulous!! Your projects this week have been AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE~you young chick you! *smile* I love how you layered the branches on this card...and the colors are pretty awesome too! Sorry I'm late on commenting...I started a new job and I'm exhausted! I'm off to check your other beauties for the week too! May your birthday bring you lots of smiles and laughter!!! Happy happy!!!

Majo said...

Another beautiful card you created!

Regina said...

Your card is totally adorable!

Maria said...

Beautiful card! That is an awesome sentiment one of my favorites. Great job.

eryn hannig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Rachel B said...

Happy Birthday! I really love this card. It turned out so fabulous. I love how you did the branches with two different greens!

just me and z said...

love the little red birdie and how you made it 3D!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful sentiment -- and I love how that red bird really pops out at you!

Sarah
untenuredteacher at yahoo dot com

FibreJunky said...

Gorgeous card! Love the different colours you used for the background.