Thursday, September 9, 2010

Will You Marry Me? The Play Date Cafe Challenge



It's my favorite kinda challenge over at The Play Date Cafe...

I LoVe working with 'color splash' challenges
and this one is a little 'different'.
Usually, we require black and white with just one
option of additional color.  This time, there are
three colors to choose from...
pink, copper or gold.


I chose a combination of the pink for the dress and a bit
of a copper-tone for the tuxedo shirt.
I layered vintage lace around the bodice of the dress
and embellished with Prima rhinestones and a paper flower.
The tux shirt & silk rose were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink
in 'Tattered Rose' and the buttons are birthstone pearls 
from Martha Stewart.

We are being sponsored this week by


They provided the our team with these wonderful
die cuts in a wedding theme.  You have got to see what the
rest of the world's best design team came up with to inspire
you to play along with these fabby colors.
There is a terrific $40 prize package up for grabs to the
winner of this week's challenge, so you have to play!
Head on over to The Play Date Cafe....

I'll see you there!

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Looks like a another great color combo Julie!

Carole Beath said...

Perfect adornments for a prom I think. Julie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I was so thrilled to see your visit. I had more fun meeting Mona and Tina. I have long been a fan of Mona's fantastic talent. Have a great weekend coming up.
Carole

Jenny said...

Great creation, so nice. Perfect challenge for my upcoming wedding. :D

Suzanne C said...

Love the embellishments and details. The necklace and the pink tux shirt were brilliant! Beautiful!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow! These are just adorable!
I really love the rhinestones!

Sarah Anderson said...

It's the layered pink lace I love, and the fact that the tux is so beautifully matched - lovely :)

Ruby said...

This is so pretty Julie! I LOVE the way you've done the little necklace and the flower looks fab too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome necklace, totally sets off the whole lovely dress. LOVE those girly pink layers. Wonderfully put together and coordinated with the gentleman's ensemble. Great work Julie!

de said...

OMG these are ADORABLE!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the Tux and Dress boxes. The lace and rhinestones look great on the bride box!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKK--I loooooooooooooove that dress! Love that vintage lace;) LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it! YOU are so creative! And that tux (with the shirt/etc.).....OH MY! Stunning! You rocked this challenge!

Unknown said...

Loooove the way you wrapped the dress with the pink lace and your details are absolutely awesome Julie! These are truly pretty FABULOUS!

Monique said...

So adorable!! I love that added necklace and boutonniere....So Creative!!

StampinCathy said...

LOVE IT! You are so creative and just the bride and groom cards. Love the embellishments and your creative style.

Faye said...

Julie, this is adorable! I love the bride and groom outfits. Very lovely.

Kim B said...

Those are so cute! Thanks so much for visiting me. Have a great weekend,
Kim

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the layered pink lace, too! The tux if FAB as well! What a great die cut!

Natalie said...

LOVE the BLING!! These are fantastic!

Chrissy D said...

Stunning creation. You did a great job with those die cuts!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Julie these turned out beautiful. It's so much fun to play with CCM products!