Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Little Stroll Down 'Creepy Lane'



Yeah I know...Halloween again!
There is so much fun new 'stuff' out there
this year and I have been treating myself to
some of it  : ) 

I just love this little sign...
Really does make you wonder what's lurking
in the shadows...down the lane....


This new 'Creepy Lane' set from Inkadinkado
is terrific!  I am not usually one to create a
scene, literally or artistically, but I couldn't
help myself here.  
The 'batty moon' image is from Artful Inkables.
It remains one of my favorite and most
versatile stamps for the season.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I was so inspired
by some of the artwork in the current issue of
Stampington's 'Take Ten'...this black 'shading'
which creates such depth.  Think it will become a 
regular in my technique arsenal.

Here's another quick little card I threw together...


You may recognize the image on the right as one of the new
stamps from Ippity's 'That's Creepy' set...love it!
The sentiment is from the Inkadinkado set used above.

So I mentioned that I have been 'treating' myself to some new
goodies for the fall and halloween season...today I snatched up
the last set of new Martha Stewart stamps called
'Vampire' at the local Mike's...even paid full price for them
because I had to have them...just need to get my hands
on the wrought iron fence border punch!
Of course, I have been gushing about my
Vampire Bat punch from EK Success.
I have also been buying more designer papers than I will
ever need or use, but I love the colors and designs
that are new this year.

So what about you?
What stamps, papers, punches and products are
you treating yourself to?
I would love to know....
please leave a comment and share.
I love knowing you were here.


15 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Love your spooky cards, Julie--so much fun! I'm excited for Halloween, too...so many new things to get working on!

Hope you're having a beautiful day, my friend!

Julie

Ann said...

Fantastically spooky cards, Julie!

Tracy Evans said...

Love the Halloween cards, I love Halloween but we don't get much here in the U.K. I too am going to purchase the Inkadinkado stamps I just can't resist. In fact I have been purchasing quite a bit lately, the Tim Holtz new stuff on pre order, Graphic 45 papers, Invoke Arts, the list goes on, I have been very naughty LOL. Have a good evening, Tracy x

Crystal said...

WOW Julie these are FANTASTIC CARDS...OOOO I just love the spooky first one!!

Laurel said...

Wow these are amazing and I am not really a halloween fan!

Emily Keaton said...

Love them both, Julie!! So very cool and creepy. No new goodies for me lately. Watching the budget and all that . . .

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these are great cards Julie! The first is quite spooky & I am afraid to see what is lurking down the lane! YIKES Love the poppin' orange pumpkin on the second!

Michele Gross said...

Wow! Super cute! I bet they have really cool treats on Creepy Lane! ;)
speaking of treats...send me your address. I have the iron fence punch and I'll send it to you :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Fall themed cards, love that lamppost!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love the Creepy Lane card Julie Ranae! What a great "scene" you've created here!!

I haven't yet splurged on Halloween. I know - better get moving!!! I love the holiday - but I have to make over 100 Christmas cards and by this time every year I'm focused past Halloween. {deep sigh}

ps - played with the Ippity stamps I bought from you tonight - OMG they are so wonderful!

Hugs!

Zue said...

Your design for this week's colour scheme is lovely!!! I adore the lamp post and the fence and come to think it the bats are cute too. It is not too scary.

Best wishes
Sue xx

Monique said...

Great Halloween cards.. Love the creepy lane with the Wrought Iron gate.... uuu eeee uuu....lol

Unknown said...

Oooh, love these both, Julie! Love your creepy creations!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Julie, I love your cards! The first one is just Beautiful, and I love how you put the scene together, and that black shading really adds to it! Just Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing, and I hope you are having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What can I say, you've combined lamp posts and Hallowe'en which makes this the perfect piece! And thanks for the reminder that black is perfect for adding character to backgrounds.