Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BOO 2 You - WaltzingMouse Sketch Challenge



I spent a little time last night playing with a few
ideas for the current WaltzingMouse Sketch Challenge.


I took a few liberties with the sketch by turning it
on it's side (sort of) and not making it an actual card.


I had so much fun with this.
The chipboard background is from one of my
Crafty Secrets Vintage Postcard Sets.
I covered it with Martha Stewart Halloween paper
and then layered Spellbinders Die Cuts (Labels 4)
on top with dimensional tape (so it's not flat).
One of my new favorite punches is the
'Vampire Bat' from EK Success.
I punched it twice from another Martha design
and layered it to give dimension.
The fabby alphabet letters are 'Thickers'
from American Crafts.  The ribbon is
from an old SEI mini SB kit that I have been
hanging onto for the perfect fit...this was it!
There is SO MUCH BOO on this
it's CrAzY (click HERE to find out more).

So here is what I want to know....
What is the latest BOO you have used in a project?
Leave a comment below and let me know...it's so fun
to what you are doing in your creative space : )

Back tonight with an all new Play Date Cafe Challenge
with Celebrity Guest Sankari Wegman!


11 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

oh...how cute!!!

Monique said...

So cute Julie!! I love your bat!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

That bat is so good! And I love your sparkly letters. This piece'll look fab on a door handle for halloween :)

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Julie!! BOO 2 You, too!! I BOO'd on a card creation just today--used some DP from a stack I bought 3 years ago and a piece of DP a friend gave me a good 5 years ago (and had been hoarding). Plus, I broke out some old chestnut satin ribbon that was perfect for today's card. Aren't you proud?? Oh, and my kids watched a Pooh Halloween video today--it's called "Boo To You Too!" Coincidence? I think not!!

Michele Gross said...

Wait, BOO! right? Not boo-hooing? LOL! I've done both this week ;) BOO! stuff for DT work, can't show you yet, but soon! ;)
I love your project-its dynamite! Awesome take on the sketch!

Ruby said...

Oh WOW Julie! This is FAB!!!! What a fantastic design and the colours are SO striking! LOVE it, one of my faves of yours! You have definately got me 'boo'ing. I often think about it now when I create, to make sure I keep 'shopping' in my studio for some old bits and pieces!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Julie! Those sparkly teal/aqua letters look so awesome & that 3D bat is too cute to be spooky! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :) Hope you come play again!

Unknown said...

Oh this is sooo cool!! LOVE that bat!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Alice said...

such a fun tag!!! that bat is so cute!!! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!! =)

Julia Aston said...

What a totally fun tag Julie! love that bat! here's something I boo'd ! http://createwithjulia.blogspot.com/2010/08/waltzingmouse-sketch-challenge-free.html


thanks so much for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG...this is too cute! Love it!